Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Holster suggestions

Recent purchased a snub nose .357 revolver. Need suggestions on an owb and a aiwb carry holster. I live in Northeastern United States. I would like kydex for outside waistband carry if possibly suggested. I carry at 1-2 o’clock appendix now (semiautomatic) but never owned a revolver. I was also thinking to carry it as a back up. Possibly on my ankle?

I will not carry in my pocket. Just not comfortable for me as I am a thinner guy and printing would be inevitable in my pocket. Hey thank you in advance. If you can add websites and personal pics that would be nice. Budget Firearm: EAA Windicator .357 Max/.38 Spl for those that were itching to know details. I’m right handed and am a 34 waist. Please and thank you all.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Holster suggestions

windicators are tougher bc the aftermarket isnt the same as typical ruger, smith etc... one thing you need to decide early is 'soft' (leather, cloth, padded) vs 'hard' (kydex etc). there are also hybirds like alien, stealthgear, etc. also seeing newer velcro-on padded wedges and pads that you can stick onto holster to help position/ comfort.

for me, 1-2 oclock appendix is perfect for revolvers; the contours of your body, blade of appendix seem made for the cylinder shape. also it is a great position to pull close range, hands in front; to me, that decision is very last option and attacker is arms length-ish - else im just getting out of there (better to avoid).

i personally use a sticky holster MD-5 and add a discrete carry concept clip - monoblock gear clip 1.5" w hardware (do not like remora/ sticky just sitting in waistband unsupported) - this is the most comfortable set up i have tried/ use over the years. when completed costs around 30-40 bucks...

(Philadelphia County)

also... hunt around for spare hammer and dremel it to be "hammerless"; much much more comfortable for appendix carry, and single action shooting is lame anyway... i roll my eyes everytime is see someone single action shooting at a range.

i never do it. practice double action... your shooting will be better for it (even as you transition back to semiauto), the idea of defensive single action shooting is for the movies IMO.

"hammerless" is fast, no snags, allows for in-pocket use (although you say you will never pocket carry, nice option for coat pocket in winter).

the spare hammer allows you to return to orig if you decide to sell etc
    Last edited by bugout; May 2nd, 2021 at 09:51 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Since you will have a more difficult time finding holsters made specifically for your revolver, you might try a local maker to see if they make custom stuff. This business is in southern Lancaster County and you might be able to drop off the gun for a day while it's made? I have no idea if they will do this but thought it might be way to get something that fits well. I looked on their website but could not tell if they do custom work.

https://blackdogconcealment.com/

I've also owned a couple of High Noon Holsters and while I much prefer kydex now, they were very satisfactory. Maybe yours will fit one for a Colt Detective Special since both are six shots. Good luck!

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/

(Lancaster County)

Since you will have a more difficult time finding holsters made specifically for your revolver, you might try a local maker to see if they make custom stuff. This business is in southern Lancaster County and you might be able to drop off the gun for a day while it's made? I have no idea if they will do this but thought it might be way to get something that fits well. I looked on their website but could not tell if they do custom work.

https://blackdogconcealment.com/

I've also owned a couple of High Noon Holsters and while I much prefer kydex now, they were very satisfactory. Maybe yours will fit one for a Colt Detective Special since both are six shots. Good luck!

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/

(Philadelphia County)

if you are set on kydex, there is a holster maker on here that lives in south philly, smokewagon - good guy and he can help you
    Last edited by bugout; May 2nd, 2021 at 04:02 PM.

(Lehigh County)

I just got one of these for my S&W 342 and I highly recommend it. C&G Holsters is also a Pennsylvania company.

https://www.candgholsters.com/collec...ydex-holster-1

(York County)

Great suggestions. Thank you!!

(York County)

Really. Any suggestions on company. The Windicator has a internal pin does that matter??

(York County)

Websites for those products you have of you can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast