Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Past time for Wayne to go at the NRA

The Officers and Board of the NRA seem to believe that EVP LaPierre is indispensable because of his fundraising ability. If he is so indispensable, the Officers and Board of the NRA are derelict in their duty to mitigate that risk to the organization from a single point of failure by having a robust succession plan or by creating redundancy in fundraising responsibility. If he is not so indispensable, it boggles the mind that the Officers and Board continue to maintain and build structures that protect LaPierre rather than, to use his words to CFO Spray, “go in a different direction.”
    https://taitnra.substack.com/p/when-...eir-expiration
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(York County)

Default Re: Past time for Wayne to go at the NRA

It has been past time, for the last 20 years, for him to be forced to give up his own little personal fiefdom !
    Last edited by tlnzz1; April 29th, 2021 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    It has been past time for the last 20 years. for him to be forced to give up his own little personal fiefdom !
    Quote Originally Posted by lprgcFrank View Post
    The Officers and Board of the NRA seem to believe that EVP LaPierre is indispensable because of his fundraising ability. If he is so indispensable, the Officers and Board of the NRA are derelict in their duty to mitigate that risk to the organization from a single point of failure by having a robust succession plan or by creating redundancy in fundraising responsibility. If he is not so indispensable, it boggles the mind that the Officers and Board continue to maintain and build structures that protect LaPierre rather than, to use his words to CFO Spray, *go in a different direction.*
    https://taitnra.substack.com/p/when-...eir-expiration
    I don't think you will find to many people arguing on this point. Maybe a few but not many.

(Montgomery County)

I don't plan on contributing until there are serious changes. Too many other organizations right now.

(Delaware County)

As far as I am concerned he is a detriment to fund raising, at least from a members perspective. Time for him to go.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I don't plan on contributing until there are serious changes. Too many other organizations right now.
    This..... I have given the NRA a lot of money over the years. But I think my money is getting more use going to other organizations right now. I don't want to see the NRA fail but I do want to see some positive changes before sending them my hard earned money.

(Bradford County)

Whether or not we think Wayne is a douche, or a thief, or a genius.... Everything on this planet has become politicized, us vs. them etc. And of course the court of public opinion is a like a guillotine, no mercy or second chance. Optics matter and Wayne is not helping.

I continue to believe that the NRA is the best and most prominent - or maybe I should say most effective - organization to handle the halls of the congressional swamp. And I'll maintain my membership, but I'll surely not give them a penny more until they straighten this shitstorm out and either ditch Wayne completely or otherwise renegotiate whatever "I am god" contract he has with the organization.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Bucks County)

He was like VP or something when I was 15. Now I’m over half way to 100 and he’s still there.

I completely wrote him off when he did his Sunday news tour, repeatedly saying that the “ATF needed to do their job” regarding bump stocks.

I think it might be time for a change.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Montgomery County)

To boot I've never thought he was particularly well-spoken on the issues. Someone like Colion Noir for example is a much more eloquent speaker, debater, etc.

(Washington County)

I agree the NRA needs big change. I maintain my minimal membership to keep my voting abilities for directors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast