Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up Outdoor ranges in Lancaster County?

    Are there any decent ones that don't have a 1,000 hoops and/or high fees?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ephrata, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Outdoor ranges in Lancaster County?

    mine is just over the border in Lebanon Co. - Hempfield Farmers & Sportsmen. $35/year. I generally have the place to myself when I shoot. You can also hunt the property and it adjoins SGL 145.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Narvon, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Age
    59
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Outdoor ranges in Lancaster County?

    Beartown Sportsmans Association in Narvon. Small range out to 100 yards, one pistol bench to 25 yards, The rules are posted and enforced as we have some houses close by. One jackass ruined fun for every one with his bumpstock in a morning making the area sound like Normandy invasion, so no more mag dumps over 10 rounds, pistols only at the pistol bench ect...

    Membership is easy, send in your application and receive your card, there is a new gate going up with a combo keeping out the non-members whom seem to think its a public range

    http://www.beartownsportsman.com/index.html

    http://www.beartownsportsman.com/membershipcontact.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Outdoor ranges in Lancaster County?

    Anyone a member here? https://www.slcfsa.org/
    What are the fees?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Grove, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Outdoor ranges in Lancaster County?

    I belong to SLCFSA. Good range, usually not too crowded either. Dues are $100 for first year, drops to $75 second and beyond. You do have to go for a Sunday morning orientation but mine didn't even last 2 hours (or so). Just check the site and show up to an orientation, no references or such needed.

    -No mag limits
    -Good offering of ranges for rifles from 25-300yds - (**Steel plates being installed end of May)
    -Multiple pistol pits and lanes
    -Archery field
    -Trap field

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Outdoor ranges in Lancaster County?

    Quote Originally Posted by RS1911 View Post
    I belong to SLCFSA. Good range, usually not too crowded either. Dues are $100 for first year, drops to $75 second and beyond. You do have to go for a Sunday morning orientation but mine didn't even last 2 hours (or so). Just check the site and show up to an orientation, no references or such needed.

    -No mag limits
    -Good offering of ranges for rifles from 25-300yds - (**Steel plates being installed end of May)
    -Multiple pistol pits and lanes
    -Archery field
    -Trap field
    Thanks, much appreciated. Is that $100 per person?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Grove, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Outdoor ranges in Lancaster County?

    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazy View Post
    Thanks, much appreciated. Is that $100 per person?
    No worries. $100 is for a "family" but you all have to be together (IE... all at pistol or rifle at the same time.), and kids need their own membership starting at 18.

    You are also allowed 1 non-member as a guest, again, you have to stay together while at the property.

    I have never seen anyone be questioned about their guests or family while I have been there, but then again, I tend not to rock the boat (too much).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Age
    59
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    38

    Default Re: Outdoor ranges in Lancaster County?

    Quote Originally Posted by heatheroo View Post
    mine is just over the border in Lebanon Co. - Hempfield Farmers & Sportsmen. $35/year. I generally have the place to myself when I shoot. You can also hunt the property and it adjoins SGL 145.
    Looks like a nice club. How does one go about getting a sponsor?
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.-Thomas Jefferson

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Outdoor ranges in Lancaster County?

    Quote Originally Posted by RS1911 View Post
    No worries. $100 is for a "family" but you all have to be together (IE... all at pistol or rifle at the same time.), and kids need their own membership starting at 18.

    You are also allowed 1 non-member as a guest, again, you have to stay together while at the property.

    I have never seen anyone be questioned about their guests or family while I have been there, but then again, I tend not to rock the boat (too much).
    They don't reply to emails & no new dates for orientation listed, that I saw anyway...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Quarryville, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Outdoor ranges in Lancaster County?

    Orientations were the first few months of the new year. They have 3-4 of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any outdoor ranges still open near Chester County
    By Fallen Knight in forum Ranges
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: April 26th, 2020, 10:05 PM
  2. Good Gun Ranges In Or Near Lancaster County
    By mhelm1988 in forum Lancaster
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: September 30th, 2014, 11:14 PM
  3. Looking for outdoor ranges
    By Wayfaerer320 in forum Philadelphia
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 12th, 2010, 09:26 PM
  4. Outdoor NFA Ranges?
    By Jabtime in forum NFA/Class 3/Title II
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 12th, 2010, 10:28 PM
  5. Looking for Outdoor Ranges
    By Wayfaerer320 in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2010, 12:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •