Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default obama's agenda-permanant AWB

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

(Butler County)

Default Re: obama's agenda-permanant AWB

Quote Originally Posted by scram98400jm View Post
    Address Gun Violence in Cities.

He certainly did a bang up job at that in Chicago. For all his supposed "community organizer" success, and time spent in the State legislature, the areas around Chicago are some of the most dangerous in the country.

So bad, local post offices refuse to deliver mail in some areas.

thats some record of achievement Obama supporters must ignore.

(Berks County)

This has been covered in multiple other threads. Please use the search function.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Northampton County)

Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!

So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
    Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!

Obama should get an F ...

... repeatedly.

(Northampton County)

Is it possible that he can reinstate the AWB and also make them illegal to own making us give them up?

(Chester County)

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.
    This same drivel was stated almost word for word back during the Clinton era. I didn't believe it then and I don't believe now, that in any way shape or form this will have any effect on reducing crime. Their attitude of always hammering the law abiding will win them alot of scorn just like it did Clinton.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. There won't be any jack booted thugs knocking on your door to confiscate your weapons any time soon.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Poonie View Post
    There won't be any jack booted thugs knocking on your door to confiscate your weapons any time soon.
    I have to wonder what his civilian militia, that is as equally armed as our military, is going to do.

how chavez-like
    how gestapo-like
    how very soviet

(Bucks County)

Elect a communist and you get........a Communist. I'm just sitting back waiting for the day that this error of epic proportions sinks in to those who asked for it.

(Indiana County)

This is so bad, it's almost hilarious. How idealistic and unreal can they get?

I love the use of the word "childproof" as though guns aren't already pretty well protected from kids by the fact that most parents wouldn't let their kids near a squirt gun these days... and what are you going to do to "childproof" a gun anyway, round the edges and start producing soft cotton bullets? We already have trigger locks, safeties, locked gun cabinets and background checks for weapons... if after all of those measures are provided, you're still dumb enough to leave a weapon where a child can get it, then I don't blame the children nor do I think protecting them from the weapon will do much good...

Apparently Obama has never heard that phrase - "If you succeed in making something idiot-proof, the universe will just make a better idiot." (paraphrased since I'm too lazy to look up the original). That works for kids, too, which is why it's the parents' job to make sure their kids aren't the universe's next big idiot. "Childproof" caps are only effective until the kid can read and has the manual dexterity needed to push and twist, for heaven's sake, and yet I hear nothing about the dangers of leaving your kids alone in the house with a bottle of aspirin! (at least unless you're parent to an emo teenager)

... but I guess that's because we teach our kids to leave unknown pills alone unless mommy or a doctor gives them to you. Remind me again why we aren't just teaching the sensible rules of gun handling to kids?

And "foreign battlefields", ha ha ha... Do they expect we'll never have a fight on US soil? Why is it ok to go shoot Iraqi citizens with zomg assault weapons but it's not ok to collect them or go target shooting, neither of which causes casualties?

If anyone needs me, I'll be buying out the local gun stores... we're gonna need a lot of ammo when the sh** hits the fan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast