Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: US Government selling new guns directly to the public

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I worked at best, never knew they sold guns..
    I worked at the gun counter at Best in Jersey.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Best had a small and extremely expensive sporting goods section with 1-2racks of guns in a glass case....rems, marlins, savage, until they went out of business. The Remington bdl was one of those heavily urethaned stocks from the 80's my brother still has the rifle,
    I think I went out the door with 3 boxes of 270 win ammo, Tasco World class wide angle 3-9X40 scope ( decent japanese glass) the shotgun i dont remember the bill but i think it might have been under 6 benjies.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Bucks County)

They had pretty good prices on guns. I got my Marlin 336 for $125. I really wanted a BDL but they were too expensive. Around $325 depending on caliber.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Chester County)

I can remember going to the Woolworth's in the King of Prussia Mall back around '88 with my Dad. We went back to the Sporting Goods to buy a Minn Kota motor for my little boat and there laying all over the floor were Korean reimports M1 Carbines for like $50 a piece. They were in bad shape, there were probably about 20-30 of them there getting kicked around. My Dad was not a gun person and he asked me if you could buy them and walk out the door. I said I could buy all of them in a shopping cart if I had the money or inclination and all I would have to do is fill out a Federal 4473 form. I think he was surprised by that but then he asked how come I didn't want any of them and I took him over and open a few bolts and looked at the chambers all rusty and showed him the cracked stocks and some other major problems. I just didn't feel like taking the time to invest in any of them because they really were in bad shape. Later I did buy a Korean reimport Upland Steel but it was in really nice shape for $150 from a gun shop.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123