Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Footwear Thread

(Erie County)

Default Re: Footwear Thread

Invest in a custom boot (Limmer) with a Goodyear welt (resoleable), and if probably maintained, will last many years. YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lancaster County)

I switched from heavy combat boots to lighter salomon hiking boots, and my feet/back thank me. Unless you absolutely need a thick soled boot, you are just rucking extra weight around.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Dauphin County)

The T8s will not hold up. Extremely soft leather that will break after a short period of time. I bought them after seeing a bunch of guys in the unit had them. Some had the leather issue like me, others didn’t. It seemed like it was a hit or miss. They were comfortable but I feel there are better options.

If you do go for the T8s, consider switching the insoles to Super Feet. I absolutely loved having them. Best upgrade you could do for your feet.

Check out Lowa boots. I used to have a pair before I misplaced them. They were a great boot. Extremely sturdy, comfortable, and rugged. Expensive, but worth it.

(Franklin County)

I love DC skate shoes. I've never skated, but they are extremely comfortable. For self reliance, I purchased 2 pair of Bates RAT boots. Basically US Marine issue boots. I got them from LA Police Gear maybe 8 years ago for a steal. They were blems, and I got them for $40 a pair. I've been wearing one pair off and on for 8 years, and they are still in 75% condition. Simple, rugged. Any boot used by the Corps will be made very well.

(Elk County)

Regardless of the shoes, I emphatically recommend merino wool socks.

I switched to merino wool 30-35 years ago and have not worn a cotton or nylon/polyester sock since. I do not own cotton or nylon/polyester socks. Even when damp, merino wool socks "feel" warm in winter and cool in summer. They do not tend to bunch up like cotton socks. I use either Wigwam light hiker crew socks, or bombas above-the-ankle socks in merino wool.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Regardless of the shoes, I emphatically recommend merino wool socks.

I switched to merino wool 30-35 years ago and have not worn a cotton or nylon/polyester sock since. I do not own cotton or nylon/polyester socks. Even when damp, merino wool socks "feel" warm in winter and cool in summer. They do not tend to bunch up like cotton socks. I use either Wigwam light hiker crew socks, or bombas above-the-ankle socks in merino wool.

Noah
    Definitely, I wear merino wool all the time now. Started with them for hiking and I ended up getting rid of almost all my other socks fairly quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12