Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 22LR Carry

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 22LR Carry

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    You asked. I gave my opinion. You insult me.
    I hope someone takes it off you and shoves it up your ass. Tough guy.
    you read what you want to read and ignore what you want to ignore... i went on to ask why? and asked you to add to the discussion. every 'opinion' i read like yours has nothing backing it up... teach me, tell me why, tell me that a larger diameter rd w more mass causes or is more likely to cause hydrostatic shock in tissue and organs and then show me data that supports it. make a fucking attempt...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    I was looking for some substantial reasons to back up what you are saying bc the stats do not echo it...
    I think (and stated) that a more viable reason not to carry it is the concern of degradation of the round in a EDC pocket carry scenario vs. demonstrated effectiveness
    Your response, to me, is a typical fud response (ignorant even) to 22LR carry with no stats or first-hand accounts to support it.
    Defensive carry is about "a break in contact" from the aggressor - not killing the threat, if that happens then fine, but it is not the actual goal.

Greg Ellifritz's data from about 1800 actual shootings states:
    - for 22LR, out of 154 number people shot, 60% of them were incapacitated by one head/torso shot (31% not incapacitated)
    - for 380ACP, out of 85 number of people shot, 62% of them were incapacitated by one head/torso shot (16% not incapacitated)
    - for 9mm, out of 456 number of people shot, 47% of them were incapacitated by one head/torso shot (13% not incapacitated)

This is 1 shot... not 2,3,4 rounds; 1 shot.. you land 2 rds, my money says that the 31% not incapacitated jumps up non-linearly with each and every round added.

As I stated any of us can land alot of 22LR in a fist-sized grouping at 20yds and closer, alot more than 380/9mm under stress.

Where's your data or first-hand observations to support your statement?
    Read what I said. I didn't say "killing" the threat - I said "stopping" the threat.

You don't get to post some stuff like you did, asking for opinions, and then get all pissy when the responses don't come pouring in, patting you on the back for your wise choice.

I have another "stat" that's a negative for you too, but you already have it all figured out, so I'm not even going to bother.

Again, carry what you want.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Read what I said. I didn't say "killing" the threat - I said "stopping" the threat.

You don't get to post some stuff like you did, asking for opinions, and then get all pissy when the responses don't come pouring in, patting you on the back for your wise choice.

I have another "stat" that's a negative for you too, but you already have it all figured out, so I'm not even going to bother.

Again, carry what you want.
    another one... its not pissy to challenge why you say something that you think i should know but dont.

whats the stat?

read what i wrote, i openly asked for data or first hand observations to back up what you state - i asked you for information - that's pissy? that's looking for a pat on the back?

im sorry you dont like your opinion challenged or not blindly accepted.

(Allegheny County)

I have nothing to prove to you.

Your OP has a completely different tone than anything you posted since.
    You don't want to discuss anything.

Carry what you want.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I have nothing to prove to you.

Your OP has a completely different tone than anything you posted since.
    You don't want to discuss anything.

Carry what you want.
    really? bc carwash actually posted useful information (a negative) and i thanked him for it, bc it actually added to the conversation... you provided a snarky reply and retorted you had a stat (which wouldve added to the conversation) and then withheld when i asked for it, leaving the conversation accusing me of what to you are doing (not wanting to discuss).

I talked to a local cop who told me about seeing his first shooting, it was a drive-by, so not great shot placement. When he responds to the scene, there's a kid walking around with his t-shirt off and wadded up and held to his shoulder, but other than that acting pretty normally. Apparently he caught 3 rounds of 22 LR.

I used to know an ER doctor who said he saw the "22 scalp." Guy got shot in the forehead, bullet didn't penetrate the skull, and was resting at the back of the guy's head, between his scalp and his skull.

If you still live in Filthadelphia and EDC a 22lr, you are either very brave or... but that's just my opinion, and you know what opinion's are like, and they all stink. Any gun is better than no gun.

I upgraded my EDC from a 380 to a 9mm every since China flu and celebrations of Saint George hit last year, and I'm kinda annoyed with myself that I never bought anything in 45.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    I talked to a local cop who told me about seeing his first shooting, it was a drive-by, so not great shot placement. When he responds to the scene, there's a kid walking around with his t-shirt off and wadded up and held to his shoulder, but other than that acting pretty normally. Apparently he caught 3 rounds of 22 LR.

I used to know an ER doctor who said he saw the "22 scalp." Guy got shot in the forehead, bullet didn't penetrate the skull, and was resting at the back of the guy's head, between his scalp and his skull.

If you still live in Filthadelphia and EDC a 22lr, you are either very brave or... but that's just my opinion, and you know what opinion's are like, and they all stink. Any gun is better than no gun.

I upgraded my EDC from a 380 to a 9mm every since China flu and celebrations of Saint George hit last year, and I'm kinda annoyed with myself that I never bought anything in 45.
    thank you for the observed accounts, im trying to work this through contrary to some accusations; info like yours, carwash's, other studies or published accounts are what interests me most. on the scalp guy... was he functional or down and out?

(Lancaster County)

As a cop I recall one suicide attempt where the juvenile put a .22 rifle under his chin and fired one round. He was walking and talking when we arrived. The bullet exited through the crown of his forehead.

I also remember two similar suicides where the person shot themselves in the chest (heart area) with .22lr and both died. I think one thing to keep in mind is how quickly a person will be incapacitated and can they still kill you in the mean time. With my suicide examples we can't know that answer.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    As a cop I recall one suicide attempt where the juvenile put a .22 rifle under his chin and fired one round. He was walking and talking when we arrived. The bullet exited through the crown of his forehead.

I also remember two similar suicides where the person shot themselves in the chest (heart area) with .22lr and both died. I think one thing to keep in mind is how quickly a person will be incapacitated and can they still kill you in the mean time. With my suicide examples we can't know that answer.
    1st hand account, thanks for sharing.

Bugout at the end of the day, shot placement is key. You know and I know that a missed shot is a missed shot. IDC if its a .45 or a .22 short. Hits are what counts. I still haven't seen anyone willing to take shot to the chest with a .22, so it looks to me like its dangerous enough. FYI I feel very comfortable carrying a .22, and have never had any issues with my carry rounds.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast