Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 22LR Carry

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 22LR Carry

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I can only assume you didn't know your father.
    i do, speak to him daily, sorry though about your obvious daddy issues. clever doesnt seem to be working for you, go back to wishing bad things happen to me...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    i do, speak to him daily, sorry though about your obvious daddy issues. clever doesnt seem to be working for you, go back to wishing bad things happen to me...
    you need to start here. there is hope and help available for you.

https://symptoms.tips/8-facts-about-...ntal-disorders

And only a fool chooses 22 for self defense

(Bucks County)

I wouldn't say you are a fool to carry a .22. Carry what you can shoot the best. If you shoot enough i am sure you saw someone shooting the ground with a man sized target at 25 feet. And look at the walls and ceiling of any indoor range. I know a number of people that are extremely recoil shy and couldn't hit a pie plate at 10 yards with any center fire pistol. But give them a target .22 and they can shoot some amazing groups.

So I would rather have 2-3-4 center of mass hits with even the smallest handgun vs a leg, arm or miss with something you can't control. So I guess my take home message is if you carry a .22 don't just shoot once and wait and see what happens. If you can unload a mag in the torso it is the same as hitting them with a round of 12 ga buck. No one survives that.

And only carry premium ammo and not the generic stuff.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I wouldn't say you are a fool to carry a .22. Carry what you can shoot the best. If you shoot enough i am sure you saw someone shooting the ground with a man sized target at 25 feet. And look at the walls and ceiling of any indoor range. I know a number of people that are extremely recoil shy and couldn't hit a pie plate at 10 yards with any center fire pistol. But give them a target .22 and they can shoot some amazing groups.

So I would rather have 2-3-4 center of mass hits with even the smallest handgun vs a leg, arm or miss with something you can't control. So I guess my take home message is if you carry a .22 don't just shoot once and wait and see what happens. If you can unload a mag in the torso it is the same as hitting them with a round of 12 ga buck. No one survives that.

And only carry premium ammo and not the generic stuff.
    "WHY did you shoot the victim TEN TIMES???"
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    You asked. I gave my opinion. You insult me.
    I hope someone takes it off you and shoves it up your ass. Tough guy.
    Duke is the "tough guy" lol. Some peoples kids.

(Allegheny County)

A few comments...
    Carry what you want. Everybody has an opinion and that opinion (unless it was learned first hand) is most often regurgitated from what they have read on the internet. However, you invited the opinions, regardless of their value and source.

I started CCing with a G26 IWB (a bit to bulky and harder to conceal in the summer, but a decent CC). I then moved tp pocket carry with a Keltec P3AT (very light and compact, but no fun to practice with 380cal in such a light pistol). I moved to a Keltec P32 (even lighter than the P3AT, wasn't to bad to practice with and still centerfire. I carried it for a long time). I've dabbled CCing with a Beretta 21A (.22) and CCI Mini Mags, and a Ruger LCR in .22, neither offered any advantages over the P32. In the last year, I started to "feel" I was a bit under gunned with the .32 so I started investigating .380's (anything other than the P3AT or Ruger LCP). I landed on the Kahr CW380. It's very compact, but not to compact to get a hold of. It doesn't beat you up like the P3AT or the LCP, so you can practice. I carry it in a pocket holster and feel it's just enough gun if I ever need it.

In conclusion, carry what you want and feel comfortable with, besides the odds of you needing to use it in your lifetime are very slim (depending on where you live and travel and the threat level in those area's). Lastly, keep a larger caliber for at home.

One last thing, I hate it when people say .22 is unreliable. Sure some cheap brands are, I've experienced it often. However, I've never had a CCI Mini Mag not go bang (out of thousands of rounds) I did recently have .223 not go bang (surprise!)
    Last edited by Hawk; April 22nd, 2021 at 03:24 PM.
    Toujours prêt

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Because I didn't have an eleven round magazine.......

I would not feel sorry for myself if all I had was my Ruger Mk.I. Probably a better choice than my Kel-Tec .380 which I carry 90% of the time. I know I can get 10 shots on a head size target at 25yds.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, because people being shot at just stand there waiting to allow all those rounds to keep impacting them.

I "get" the "theory" about being able to dump rounds onto a target with a 22 because of the minimal recoil, but... Good luck with that.

I considered building an AR pistol in 22 for my wife for said reason. (Compact, light, no recoil)
    I then realized just how absurd it was and she has something worthy of giving to the person I love to use to protect herself.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    now this is something i do consider... this is a good point

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast