Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 22LR Carry

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 22LR Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Bugout at the end of the day, shot placement is key. You know and I know that a missed shot is a missed shot. IDC if its a .45 or a .22 short. Hits are what counts. I still haven't seen anyone willing to take shot to the chest with a .22, so it looks to me like its dangerous enough. FYI I feel very comfortable carrying a .22, and have never had any issues with my carry rounds.
    good points... what 22 do you carry and what ammo type? just collecting input

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Bugout at the end of the day, shot placement is key. You know and I know that a missed shot is a missed shot. IDC if its a .45 or a .22 short. Hits are what counts. I still haven't seen anyone willing to take shot to the chest with a .22, so it looks to me like its dangerous enough. FYI I feel very comfortable carrying a .22, and have never had any issues with my carry rounds.
    WTF do "missed shots" have to do with the effectiveness of a round?

You and I know that a hit is a hit.
    IDC if it's a 45 or a 22 sho... oh, wait. Yes I do.

A hit with one of those two - which one do you want making contact with the person trying to kill you?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    you read what you want to read and ignore what you want to ignore... i went on to ask why? and asked you to add to the discussion. every 'opinion' i read like yours has nothing backing it up... teach me, tell me why, tell me that a larger diameter rd w more mass causes or is more likely to cause hydrostatic shock in tissue and organs and then show me data that supports it. make a fucking attempt...
    It isn't my job to teach you. That was your fathers job.

(Bucks County)

I carry this with CCI Stingers.

Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

good points... what 22 do you carry and what ammo type? just collecting input
    A Walther P22 with CCI Stingers.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Chester County)

The biggest problem with 22lr is with the ammo itself. It is not a reliable enough cartridge to have to rely on to stop an attack. If you are carrying because there's an extreme risk of being attacked, I see you hail from Philadelphia, then you should carry a firearm that operates reliably under great duress. To me that excludes 22lr semi auto pistols. I've owned one and shot quite few over the years and duds are fairly common. It's the nature of the beast. There are so many 9mm compacts out there at this point made by the major manufacturers and ammo is still available, it's more costly than it used to be but it's available. If all you have to carry is a 22 semi auto then make sure you have the highest quality ammo from manufacturers like CCI. Do not rely on the cheap stuff like the Remington Thunderbolt.

This a long video but Paul Harrell backs up everything he says with evidence. At 1:01:19 Paul shows the results of firing all that ammo.

Last edited by JenniferG; April 21st, 2021 at 07:16 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    It isn't my job to teach you. That was your fathers job.
    typical non-value added macho bullshit to hide your inadequacies...yawn..

good news is according to your own words, your ways will die with your line - no chance of imparting your ignorance on non-kin

you make it too easy

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The biggest problem with 22lr is with the ammo itself. It is not a reliable enough cartridge to have to rely on to stop an attack. If you are carrying because there's an extreme risk of being attacked, I see you hail from Philadelphia, then you should carry a firearm that operates reliably under great duress. To me that excludes 22lr semi auto pistols. I've owned one and shot quite few over the years and duds are fairly common. It's the nature of the beast. There are so many 9mm compacts out there at this point made by the major manufacturers and ammo is still available, it's more costly than it used to be but it's available. If all you have to carry is a 22 semi auto then make sure you have the highest quality ammo from manufacturers like CCI. Do not rely on the cheap stuff like the Remington Thunderbolt.

This a long video but Paul Harrell backs up everything he says with evidence.

i agree on the thunderbolt assessment, i am going to continue my reliability testing mentioned earlier to see if it continues or drops off with more rounds (data points)..

i like harrell - he did a video on segmenting 22lr that was interesting, so did "beyond seclusion"

one of the most interesting videos/ discussions i have seen was done by Ambgun called "why the 22 wins" - it made me start down this path/ discussion.
    Last edited by bugout; April 21st, 2021 at 07:21 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    If all you have to carry is a 22 semi auto then make sure you have the highest quality ammo from manufacturers like CCI. Do not rely on the cheap stuff like the Remington Thunderbolt.
    True...

On Saturday, I put 50 rounds of Fiocchi high velocity .22lr through my Sig Mosquito at the gun range. 2 out of 50 failed to fire, certainly unreliable for self defense.

I recycled them back into the mag and both fired the second time.

p.s. who the fuck can find CCI anywhere?
    p.s.s. my grouping was tight from 25 yards (USMC Expert).

(Allegheny County)

typical non-value added macho bullshit to hide your inadequacies...yawn..

good news is according to your own words, your ways will die with your line - no chance of imparting your ignorance on non-kin

you make it too easy
    I can only assume you didn't know your father.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast