Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 22LR Carry

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: 22LR Carry

Here's a shooting that would have been disastrous with a .22. Yikes! https://twitter.com/i/status/1390094910691422208

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Here's a shooting that would have been disastrous with a .22. Yikes! https://twitter.com/i/status/1390094910691422208
    can only see the comments, dont subscribe to social media so the main story is not visible; what was it?

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    can only see the comments, dont subscribe to social media so the main story is not visible; what was it?

You don't need to subscribe to view the video. Click the "View" button next to "The following media includes potentially sensitive content. Change settings".

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    You don't need to subscribe to view the video. Click the "View" button next to "The following media includes potentially sensitive content. Change settings".
    thanks! well... police shooting which we discussed is different pretense than civilian - remember you repeated my point.
    higher stakes knowing the person you are shooting on is armed and will make every attempt to kill you if shot at; and if fails, legions will descend on you to finish it.

and from what i see what saved the cop was the fact he controlled the attack angle with his free hand/ diverting it away from critical face/ neck hit - then returned w dumping shots in perps face/ neck area. the caliber didnt win, the awareness/ grit/ focus and being first to land critical shots quickly did.

disastrous w 22? who knows? what if 1st shot was one of those 60% hits - like temple etc?

again, larger round w/ projectile designed for penetration and maximum expansion is ideal - said it before - but doesnt always do the job and per data 60% of the time 1 shot of 22lr was enough (notice cop dumped more than 1)...

who knows... you might be right/ might be wrong; the data says you are little more than half wrong with only 1 shot fired to torso/ head, and most likely more wrong with every subsequent shot fired that hits torso/ head.

(Butler County)

I get it now! The cop COULD have stopped the dude with one well-placed shot with a Pug! That's a FACT, Jack! Finally the whole thread makes sense! Why do a 9mm mag dump when one Itty bitty hole COULD save your life?

I get it now! The cop COULD have stopped the dude with one well-placed shot with a Pug! That's a FACT, Jack! Finally the whole thread makes sense! Why do a 9mm mag dump when one Itty bitty hole COULD save your life?
    "I once saw him kill three men in a bar, with a pencil. With a fucking... pencil."
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

13 pages cant this thread die.
    No one has been convinced that its a good idea to carry a .22
    No one has been able to convince you its a bad idea to carry a .22

If that's what you want to do go for it. Chances are you will never know if you made the right or wrong choice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Driswalds View Post
    13 pages cant this thread die.
    No one has been convinced that its a good idea to carry a .22
    No one has been able to convince you its a bad idea to carry a .22

If that's what you want to do go for it. Chances are you will never know if you made the right or wrong choice.
    no one has convinced me bc the nay sayers here are lazy fuds that post feelings with no examples nor data to validate their view. they expect ppl to listen to them bc why? they have alot of posts on a forum yet cant argue their point when faced with published, actual, real life examples?

whats amazing is the denial and the crybaby "you should listen to me just because" sentiment; which is only trumped by ppl ljke you who appear support them why? bc no one likes the fact that i have defended my point well?

and just about everyone ignores that i clearly have stated several times that i do not exclusively carry 22lr... but have and do on occasion.

i wanted a useful thread for consideration with actual debate where ppl come to the table with something, instead... fuddville and me systematically dismantling and handing fudd their asses with data. whatever.
    Last edited by bugout; May 7th, 2021 at 08:20 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Please Note: The poster was issued a warning for this post.

you are the biggest moron yet... you were the one that tried to point out that police involved shootings are different and then post one to try to make a failed point. go look again at the data idiot, 1shot from just about every pistol caliber sucks at stopping a threat. thats what it says. and it also says that as shots and hits increase to the head and torso, so does the likelihood of a stop... caliber independent. but your feelings mean more.

trolls abound.

this is like the guntard equivalent of talking to a liberal about anything - blissful ignorance and refusal to accept factual data.

and just like a liberal you try to insert false information - i never anywhere said PUG, someone else posted a pic of a blm standoff with one and then i was asked about it vs a knife, i would def not rely solely on a single action bc of what i just posted - i would want the ability to get several quick shots off. but of course you re-package and present like the PUG is my typical 22 carry example to try to win back some dignity... gross.
    Last edited by bugout; May 7th, 2021 at 08:56 AM.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    you are the biggest moron yet... you were the one that tried to point out that police involved shootings are different and then post one to try to make a failed point. go look again at the data idiot, 1shot from just about every pistol caliber sucks at stopping a threat. thats what it says. and it also says that as shots and hits increase to the head and torso, so does the likelihood of a stop... caliber independent. but your feelings mean more.

trolls abound.

this is like the guntard equivalent of talking to a liberal about anything - blissful ignorance and refusal to accept factual data.

and just like a liberal you try to insert false information - i never anywhere said PUG, someone else posted a pic of a blm standoff with one and then i was asked about it vs a knife, i would def not rely solely on a single action bc of what i just posted - i would want the ability to get several quick shots off. but of course you re-package and present like the PUG is my typical 22 carry example to try to win back some dignity... gross.
    I didn't try to "prove" anything, just illustrating absurdity by being absurd.

I don't know what you do for a living, but it's obviously not data analysis. You didn't "prove" anything by spouting your interpretation of one table from one article. Why are you so triggered by an opposing opinion? If you're really as fragile as your last post suggests, you should stay off the interwebz and retreat to a safe space. Is your name-calling worth a whack from the banhammer?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast