Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 22LR Carry

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 22LR Carry

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    you need to start here. there is hope and help available for you.

https://symptoms.tips/8-facts-about-...ntal-disorders

And only a fool chooses 22 for self defense
    look im sorry that you are so obviously butthurt that i put you in your place and made you look more and more like the smacked ass that you are with literally each every retort...
    but get over it, did YOUR dad ever teach you the value of that? guessing not. and really, troll, you can do better than the response above; let me give a mulligan and try again, it's like fighting a child mentally.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yeah, because people being shot at just stand there waiting to allow all those rounds to keep impacting them.

I "get" the "theory" about being able to dump rounds onto a target with a 22 because of the minimal recoil, but... Good luck with that.

I considered building an AR pistol in 22 for my wife for said reason. (Compact, light, no recoil)
    I then realized just how absurd it was and she has something worthy of giving to the person I love to use to protect herself.
    actually it seems they kind of do just stand there... people freeze - mostly (shock/ not knowing whats next) - when a firearm is pulled; not everyone but alot do and that second allows a window.

i have been witness to a half dozen instances personally, not many but more than most

on your AR pistol comment, why did you initially consider that platform? it's bulky, why not a charger with a 6" barrel? just curious.
    Last edited by bugout; April 22nd, 2021 at 01:11 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Because I didn't have an eleven round magazine.......
    something else to consider, unfortunately, is the political climate where you reside...

several ppl have noted that i am in philadelphia. yes i am, not in the suburbs but not in center city. i commute through frankford/ juniata/ kensington/ port richmond/ bridesburg, north philly (temple area), all over the NE, some parts of south philly, used to but not now west philly.

i do realize that my DA and the a majority of those that would probably be on a jury would be inclined to disagree with my decision to carry and defend. as sick as that is.

for this reason, empty may have a valid point; your average person knows nothing about caliber or how many shots etc, every POLICE shooting the media talks about round count more than circumstance.
    to all of us, why were 27shots fired? bc that's what it took to stop/ break contact with aggressor. but to the mainstream media and avg civ, that seems excessive - in their minds each round is magic and should stop a train in its tracks.

this is a salient point. this may be a very legit CON for 22LR for me... but maybe not?

the data i showed earlier documented 60% 1shot stop with 22lr - not enough data (less than 200) to make a definitive decision, but also not something to be dismissed.
    Last edited by bugout; April 22nd, 2021 at 01:52 PM.

(Allegheny County)

That was what I had eluded to earlier, but declined to mention.

As for the Ruger Charger - I don't think it existed at the time.
    Plus, AR15s were stupid cheap/easy to build.
    A pistol not need to be "bulky" with a short barrel - plus, she's already familiar with the controls on an AR.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Paul kind of sums it up with regards to why a .22 maybe suited for SD.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    look im sorry that you are so obviously butthurt that i put you in your place and made you look more and more like the smacked ass that you are with literally each every retort...
    but get over it, did YOUR dad ever teach you the value of that? guessing not. and really, troll, you can do better than the response above; let me give a mulligan and try again, it's like fighting a child mentally.
    lol. that was pretty good.

thanks for the mulligan. I'll try to do better next time.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by edmundfitz1975 View Post
    Duke is the "tough guy" lol. Some peoples kids.
    haha. I'm tough as hell on the internet.
    in real life i am more like brian seltzer.

I normally don't post in threads as these because they always involve buthurtness but here goes.

If I look hard enough I'm sure I can find the article that supports these facts I'm about to spout forth. Numbers will not be exact but close.

70% of bad guys will melt away with the sight of a armed victim. To many fish in the sea that will not protect them self's. 20% more would run or drop if the weapon was discharged or a hit was taken anyplace by any caliber. That leaves 10% that is intent on committing what they started.

That leaves a central nervous shot or for the person's Blood pressure to drop to the point that the Brain does not have the ability to function.

A .22 out of a pistol does not excel at reaching the central nervous system or causing massive blood loss. Yes the .22 will kill but will it be fast enough to keep that last 10% from causing great harm.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    haha.
    in real life i am more like brian seltzer.
    GAY ?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    GAY ?
    No, but I am willing to learn.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast