Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Traveling out of state - Anything I should be aware of

Got back from our trip on Thursday and no issues anywhere. We went down past Falling Water in PA and needed to get to VA for part of the trip. It sucks MD has that long sliver, if we normally go straight to VA we'll go through Winchester and it's literally 5 minutes into MD. Ended up opting to head through WV instead and cut across, it was a nice scenic route through there. Literally saw no gun signs anywhere on the trip.

Only exceptions in TN were the Anakeesta ride in Gatlinburg that had a ton of no firearm signs. The other ride to the big rope bridge had no signs but already had put my firearm in the truck before we went up there. There was some other steak place we went to that had one small sign on the door. I found that a bit ironic as their menu had a revolver and western theme - go figure. I would have just found somewhere else but at the time we were starving after a 5 mile hike.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Traveling out of state - Anything I should be aware of

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    Vacation is getting close, we'll be leaving on Thursday headed south. Route is planned through WV, VA, TN, KY and maybe OH on the return leg. Is there anything I should be aware of for state laws that might be different than PA?
    I can tell you some things about Ohio. If you want to go to church in Ohio on your trip, forget about carrying a firearm in the church. If you carry a concealed firearm into a bar, you'd better only drink ginger ale. And it seems like in Ohio a lot more establishments post their property against carrying a firearm than what I'm used to seeing in PA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12