Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default South American re manufactured 7.62 ammo

Years ago there was some re manufactured 7.62 sold by several wholesalers. It had been re worked and loaded with a mix of the powders acquired when they pulled a mix of different 7.62. Springfield Armory were contacted with several M-1A's that were damaged, all were using the same ammo. I had sold several thousand rounds of this crap. One morning I received 4 registered letters telling me to ship back any and all of this shipment. It was supposed to be on occasion developing chamber pressures out to 3 times the SAMI spec. The word back then was that Springfield Armory or Sierra ran some through a pressure gun that ran up pressure of 125,000-150,000.

I returned almost all of what I had sold but some did not get back all that they had sold. Some popped up here in Illinois for sale, we got it off the market but there may still some out there. Please be patient with me as I do not speak either Spanish or any other S.A. language.

The crap is marked something like re-engastrada or what ever the correct spelling is. If removed from the original package it is still easy to tell as the bullets show marks from being pulled at least twice.

With the present market I guess that some have decided that now is the time to dump this crap.
    Keep an eye out for this ammo as it is really dangerous.

I do not know any way to prove any of this but I guarantee that this really happened.

Be Safe

Phill

If this is posted in the wrong place please move it.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Monroe County)

Default Re: South American re manufactured 7.62 ammo

Thanks for the warning.

Never use ammo from a country where ya wouldn't drink the water!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Somewhat of a similar warning, the CMP just sent an email out to inform surplus newbies not to use heavy 30.06 hunting ammo in Garands and 03 Springfields. With the ammo crunch some may think of shooting anything they can get their hands on and high pressure loads more than 150gr M2 ball in those guns can screw up someone's expensive toys.