Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Plaintiffs Needed for Philadelphia "Ghost Gun" Ban

Gun Owners of America is (again) seeking Plaintiffs to sue the City of Philadelphia!

Do you live in Philadelphia? Have you ever wanted to finish an 80% lower or 3D print a firearm or firearm accessory? If so, please get in touch with Dr. Val Finnell, Pennsylvania Director of Gun Owners of America, so that we can restore your legal right to do so!

Early this year, Philadelphia passed an illegal prohibition on its citizens' RKBA--a complete ban on home manufacture of any firearm or firearm accessory--in plain violation of Pennsylvania's firearms preemption statute, 18 Pa. C.S. § 6120. This is part of their long-standing attack on citizen*s gun rights, despite violence in Philadelphia being at an all-time high.

Gun Owners of America has an ongoing effort to educate the City of Brotherly Love that--despite their belief otherwise--they are not exempt from the Constitution or Commonwealth law. GOA is seeking Philadelphia residents who are interested in participating in this lawsuit, and have interest in manufacturing their own firearm or firearm accessory. Philadelphia should focus its efforts on prosecuting violent criminals rather than continuing to harass law-abiding gun owners.

If you are a Philadelphia resident and interested in lending your support to this lawsuit, please contact Dr. Val Finnell, GOA's Pennsylvania Director, at val.finnell@gunowners.org, so that we can move forward with this lawsuit.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

Default Re: Plaintiffs Needed for Philadelphia "Ghost Gun" Ban

Worthy approach.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Delaware County)

I*d like to see them attempt a single action towards law abiding citizens who build their own firearms. Like me! And it so happens I carry a P80SC I BUILT, every day. And I carry it EVERY time I go into Philly! So..Filthadelphia can suck a dick!
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Philadelphia County)

How does the "standing for suit" thing work without an injured party? Does somebody need to be arrested before it can be challenged? Has anybody been arrested yet under the new Philadelphia law?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mobo215 View Post
    How does the "standing for suit" thing work without an injured party? Does somebody need to be arrested before it can be challenged? Has anybody been arrested yet under the new Philadelphia law?
    No, that isn't required.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mobo215 View Post
    Theoretically, you're right based on a couple of the earlier NRA gun cases.

However, Judge Brobson (GOA endorsed and won his primary) rejected that nonsense precedent in FOAC v. Harrisburg, stating: "Our precedent in NRA/Pittsburgh and NRA/Philadelphia is untenable and must be overruled because it affords greater access to the courts to challenge the facial constitutionality of ordinances to scofflaws than to law-abiding citizens. It makes little sense to wait for Appellants to break the law, which we presume they do not want to do, before they can challenge it."

The FOAC case is on appeal, but (a) right now, Brobson's opinion stands and (b) I would be surprised if SCOPA overruled it.