Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Fedex shooting

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Fedex shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    FedEx prohibits firearms, but allows a knife with a blade length < 3". FedEx employees carry their cell phones with them, probably because the drivers do as well.

To get into a facility, employees and drivers enter a turnstile, activated by a badge, or someone inside. Hole was an ex-employee, so his badge wouldn't be active, so no entry, unless he piggybacked, or someone inside let him in. Some terminals have security personnel where the employees enter the building, and pass thru a metal detector. All buildings have metal detectors, but not all are manned with security personnel.

If Hole's badge wasn't deactivated, well ...
    This isn't true of all facilities. I've picked up at some that had almost no security at all. To the point where I walked across the dock and sealed my own trailer without anyone saying anything, because they were taking forever.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    This isn't true of all facilities. I've picked up at some that had almost no security at all. To the point where I walked across the dock and sealed my own trailer without anyone saying anything, because they were taking forever.
    Were you allowed in, or did you just drive through an open gate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Were you allowed in, or did you just drive through an open gate?
    Gates always open at that one. It's a drop and hook. We drop an empty trailer in the yard and pick up whatever is on the loaded one, usually still backed into their dock. I've been to it several times over the years and never seen security. I usually just go to the office and they print out the paperwork, while a dock worker seals up the trailer. I've been impatient and done it myself already though.

(Lycoming County)

For the record, I'm not an employee of theirs. They may have rules and such for employees, but I've never been questioned at that one about anything or had to go through security to get in.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Gates always open at that one. It's a drop and hook. We drop an empty trailer in the yard and pick up whatever is on the loaded one, usually still backed into their dock. I've been to it several times over the years and never seen security. I usually just go to the office and they print out the paperwork, while a dock worker seals up the trailer. I've been impatient and done it myself already though.
    In my post to GL, I stated that not all of the terminals I've been to, had security personnel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Those words that president Trump spoke sure do get y'all's panties in a bunch.
    Fuckin' act like I'm a Biden supporter for reminding you of it. LOL
    Deal with it - it applies to this situation regardless of how much you want to pretend it never happened.
    One of the problems in politics is the unwillingness to be Honest. The politicians LIE to satisfy the voters and the Voters never check deeply enough to see that the candidate is lying, rather that simply expressing their true beliefs (or character). It's eye-opening to compare the messages of the candidates when they speak before different and competing voter groups. Pandering for votes is nothing new, but comparing those varied messages exposes the tendency of the candidate to lie. Some candidates have done it so long, they can't speak at all without lying (Hillary, Schiff, Schumer, et al).

We should have high ideals for the candidates we vote for - But we have to deal with the fact that most candidates are flawed, like the rest of us. That means some are weak in subject D while strong in subject A, B & C. While another candidate may be strong in subject A, C & D but weak in subject B. In the end, we all end up voting for flawed candidates that do not have the high ideals we should want for them. But that's no reason to give up on the high ideals.

However, some candidates ARE MUCH MORE FLAWED than others, critically flawed, like lacking a commitment to America and its legitimate citizens (Biden, AOC, Omar, Pelosi, et al).

We should have high ideals for the candidates we vote for - but not be blind, deaf & dumb about their flaws. Being accurately observant and honest about their strengths and weakness should neither cause us to vote randomly instead of intelligently, nor should we be embarrassed to have voted for someone that was the best choice at the time, but made mistakes while in office.

It's a matter of whether they will attempt to correct their mistakes or just continue to lie about them.

Trump made mistakes - no doubt - but he did MANY, MANY MORE THINGS RIGHT compared to the Presidents of the past 20 years.

ETA (on topic): It really is a shame that someone so young is willing to destroy their lives (and the lives of others). No matter the color of the perpetrators, it should shock us that kids are throwing their lives away. Too much of society has a detrimental affect on kids these days without them having some countervailing influence in their lives. The fact that so many people, not just kids, only obtain their sense of value and self-worth from those around them is a real revelation of the need for belief in God (a higher power) that provides positive value for themselves, irrelevant of what others are saying or doing around them.

Last edited by ImminentDanger; April 17th, 2021 at 09:36 PM.

(Allegheny County)

In response to every person who feels they have some obligation to lecture me about president Trump's comments ..

"No shit, Sherlock(s)."
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    ETA (on topic): It really is a shame that someone so young is willing to destroy their lives (and the lives of others). No matter the color of the perpetrators, it should shock us that kids are throwing their lives away. Too much of society has a detrimental affect on kids these days without them having some countervailing influence in their lives. The fact that so many people, not just kids, only obtain their sense of value and self-worth from those around them is a real revelation of the need for belief in God (a higher power) that provides positive value for themselves, irrelevant of what others are saying or doing around them.
    Very well said.

(Erie County)

Hmm, I worked for many years with several guys from India when I worked for IBM and Lockheed Martin. I never considered them Asian Americans, and I don't remember anybody ever calling them that. They definitely weren't part of the affirmative action program. Only the rich Indians come to the US to study and work.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Hmm, I worked for many years with several guys from India when I worked for IBM and Lockheed Martin. I never considered them Asian Americans, and I don't remember anybody ever calling them that. They definitely weren't part of the affirmative action program. Only the rich Indians come to the US to study and work.
    Could you dumb this down for me? I encountered quite a few Asian Indians on the job and I actually asked one of them what he puts on his job application for race. His response was, "Asian". And those that I encountered were certainly not from the wealthy caste, they were minions who came here for a better life. The situation that they left never entered the discussions as it did with the African immigrants that I encountered, I asked them a few questions on where they left and why. I also asked them if they hated the white man and they all said, "NO!"
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast