Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Bucks County Fish and Game. Caving to fudds?

FYI,

I've been a member there for 20 years, always have done a 5 year renewal, received no advance notice of this as a club member.

They just restricted access to the rifle and pistol ranges. Now to use them you need to pay them $30 for an electronic access card by snail mail, which can take them 3 or 4 months when renewing a membership. Changed the membership terms in the middle of the year.

This is supposedly to prevent non-club members from using the club ranges.

However, they are not doing this for the archery ranges or trap ranges, etc., so its obviously not to keep out non-members.

Unfortunately for me the black powder range is in the new restricted area, which is what I use the most. I guess they don't want me using my assault musket.

Looks like they are caving to the Doylestown commies and want to get rid of the evil semi-autos, which is what most people there shoot.

Bucks County Fish and Game has caved to the left.

Default Re: Bucks County Fish and Game. Caving to fudds?

They'll learn the hard way.

(Bucks County)

They announced the electronic gate access some months ago, and I lined up with a couple hundred other members back in the fall to pick up the new access cards. It had to be in person, we were assured. After waiting for hours to be handed an access card, someone in a decision making capacity decided maybe they could mail the access cards for the rest of the members.

That said, I was under the impression that the move to electronic gate access was made for liability concerns. Did you hear otherwise?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    They announced the electronic gate access some months ago, and I lined up with a couple hundred other members back in the fall to pick up the new access cards. It had to be in person, we were assured. After waiting for hours to be handed an access card, someone in a decision making capacity decided maybe they could mail the access cards for the rest of the members.

That said, I was under the impression that the move to electronic gate access was made for liability concerns. Did you hear otherwise?
    We have electronic gate at pass at Northern Chester County but no extra fee over it unless, maybe if you lose your card. They've had it since I've been a member there and I have to qualms about it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Erie County)

If that was the reason all of the ranges would require use of the card. The gate would be at the BCFG entrance.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    We have electronic gate at pass at Northern Chester County but no extra fee over it unless, maybe if you lose your card. They've had it since I've been a member there and I have to qualms about it.
    I believe it’s a one time fee for the card, not recurring. It is not an inconvenience to swipe the card while driving in.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    If that was the reason all of the ranges would require use of the card. The gate would be at the BCFG entrance.
    Would that work? Aren’t some of the trap events open to non members? Seems that a gate at the entrance would complicate that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending the club actions. I think some of the rules seem petty, and I’ve had a couple of encounters with range officers with attitudes, but I’ve not seen or heard any hostility towards semis. Semiautomatic rifles and handguns are the most common firearms I see members with, as elsewhere. Do you know of some negative trends at the governance level that I’m not aware of?

(Berks County)

Would that work? Aren*t some of the trap events open to non members? Seems that a gate at the entrance would complicate that.

Don*t get me wrong, I*m not defending the club actions. I think some of the rules seem petty, and I*ve had a couple of encounters with range officers with attitudes, but I*ve not seen or heard any hostility towards semis. Semiautomatic rifles and handguns are the most common firearms I see members with, as elsewhere. Do you know of some negative trends at the governance level that I*m not aware of?
    Gate is left open when there are public events.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Gate is left open when there are public events.
    Yes, I get that, but miscreants could get on the rifle and pistol ranges at those times as well.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    FYI,

I've been a member there for 20 years, always have done a 5 year renewal, received no advance notice of this as a club member.

They just restricted access to the rifle and pistol ranges. Now to use them you need to pay them $30 for an electronic access card by snail mail, which can take them 3 or 4 months when renewing a membership. Changed the membership terms in the middle of the year.

This is supposedly to prevent non-club members from using the club ranges.

However, they are not doing this for the archery ranges or trap ranges, etc., so its obviously not to keep out non-members.

Unfortunately for me the black powder range is in the new restricted area, which is what I use the most. I guess they don't want me using my assault musket.

Looks like they are caving to the Doylestown commies and want to get rid of the evil semi-autos, which is what most people there shoot.

Bucks County Fish and Game has caved to the left.
    That seems odd and underhanded if true.

I*m a Director at my club and we are not authorized to initiate such a change without a majority approval vote from the general membership.

Do you attend meetings and participate in voting for bi-law changes, either in person or electronically?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast