Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Bucks County Fish and Game. Caving to fudds?

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    Yes, I get that, but miscreants could get on the rifle and pistol ranges at those times as well.
    Would they walk in like they own the place with that many people around? A lot of guys at my club wear their card keys on a lanyard attached somewhere visible. We are also subject to show our card to anyone who asks to see it. We have a about 850 members. It sounds a little Nazi-like but otherwise, we don't have a lot of restrictions that other clubs do.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    That seems odd and underhanded if true.

I*m a Director at my club and we are not authorized to initiate such a change without a majority approval vote from the general membership.

Do you attend meetings and participate in voting for bi-law changes, either in person or electronically?
    I

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    That seems odd and underhanded if true.

I*m a Director at my club and we are not authorized to initiate such a change without a majority approval vote from the general membership.

Do you attend meetings and participate in voting for bi-law changes, either in person or electronically?
    Haven't been to a meeting since covid started. I believe the public meeting were canceled, although I could be wrong.

(Berks County)

Ours are being zoomed but I don't zoom.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Erie County)

My single biggest concern is who Bucks County Fish and Game is giving the electronic card access to, as the access is to the pistol and rifle ranges specifically?

Doylestown has been trying to get rid of BCFG for as long as I have been a member there. It was brought up at the club meeting on a regular basis pre-covid. Having the electronic card access will not prevent a member giving a friend their card and gaining access to the ranges. Cards have to be worn by members while on the all the ranges. There are log books at the individual ranges. There are already cameras. But this paper.

Is BCFG giving the electronic access and member information to the Doylestown Police, the State Police or even the Feds?

This is a very serious question, and I would have a hard time believing the club officers if they said no.

(Bucks County)

I head the Outdoor marksmanship section at BCF&G. If you come to CMP or Swiss rifle matches, we have meet.

The information on using the range is not available to anyone, except the disciplinary committee and the data security was attended to. They only use it is we have a real disciplinary problem, which we have not had since the gate went into effect on April 1. We do not share the information with anyone. Given the board are all gun owners who take their ow privacy somewhat serious, what makes you think they would share data with anyone?

As to the reason for why we put in the range gates: We had folks coming in who were not members and using the range on a semi regular basis. It was a liability risk. Folks who are not members are much more likely to do something they should not, as they do not value their membership. We have never had an accident and aim to keep it that way. Once we were made aware of this we had to come up with a solution. The membership who bothered to come to the membership meeting were well informed of the status and I think voted to approve the spending for the gates. We would encourage anyone who is a member to come to the membership meeting to voice 1) their opinion, 2) to help craft club policy. Heck the last meeting I was at in may the club president was asking for more participation in archery for one, all activities need more folks to run them.

What keeps a member giving his card to another person is if we catch them, they will no longer be a member. Given the difficulty in finding a local range at our cost, and in the nice spot we are in, well that will more or less self police.

It had nothing to do with semi autos or any effort to ban anything or any nefarious purpose. The board is trying to think ahead and keep the range going for the next generation.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick303 View Post
    I head the Outdoor marksmanship section at BCF&G. If you come to CMP or Swiss rifle matches, we have meet.

The information on using the range is not available to anyone, except the disciplinary committee and the data security was attended to. They only use it is we have a real disciplinary problem, which we have not had since the gate went into effect on April 1. We do not share the information with anyone. Given the board are all gun owners who take their ow privacy somewhat serious, what makes you think they would share data with anyone?

As to the reason for why we put in the range gates: We had folks coming in who were not members and using the range on a semi regular basis. It was a liability risk. Folks who are not members are much more likely to do something they should not, as they do not value their membership. We have never had an accident and aim to keep it that way. Once we were made aware of this we had to come up with a solution. The membership who bothered to come to the membership meeting were well informed of the status and I think voted to approve the spending for the gates. We would encourage anyone who is a member to come to the membership meeting to voice 1) their opinion, 2) to help craft club policy. Heck the last meeting I was at in may the club president was asking for more participation in archery for one, all activities need more folks to run them.

What keeps a member giving his card to another person is if we catch them, they will no longer be a member. Given the difficulty in finding a local range at our cost, and in the nice spot we are in, well that will more or less self police.

It had nothing to do with semi autos or any effort to ban anything or any nefarious purpose. The board is trying to think ahead and keep the range going for the next generation.
    I guess accidents would never happen at the shotgun or archery ranges, where there was no card access installed? Your explanation doesn't hold water.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    I guess accidents would never happen at the shotgun or archery ranges, where there was no card access installed? Your explanation doesn't hold water.
    Generally no accidents that involve neighbors.

Doesn't sound much different than my home range here.
    Indoor pistol and rifle require electronic access.
    Outdoor archery does not.
    We don't have a gate anywhere.
    We haven't had trap in 3 decades... fuggin' Karens back then put an end to that.
    Camera footage, according to bylaws, is only examined if a problem is reported.
    Our electronic access is run on a computer so ancient it's on a floppy disk.
    I've asked multiple times to try and mine data from it, for the sole purpose of generating a usage "heat map" of the range, since we have some people who "complain" about it being busy, but have been turned down every time.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12