Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Low Pro Gas Block for a Piston Driven Adams Arms AR

Good morning PAFOA!

I have been lurking but not active lately.

I recently purchased an Adams Arms Piston AR15. I would like to know if there are any Low Pro Gas Blocks for a Piston Driven AR15.

I have an Adams Arms P1 model Piston rifle. I see Adams Arms sells the adjustable block for around $150. I am just wondering if there are any other good options.

Thanks all!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Low Pro Gas Block for a Piston Driven Adams Arms AR

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Fly View Post
    Good morning PAFOA!

I have been lurking but not active lately.

I recently purchased an Adams Arms Piston AR15. I would like to know if there are any Low Pro Gas Blocks for a Piston Driven AR15.

I have an Adams Arms P1 model Piston rifle. I see Adams Arms sells the adjustable block for around $150. I am just wondering if there are any other good options.

Thanks all!

Unfortunately, you're going to be tied to AA for any piston parts. If I were you, I'd shoot what you have. You can get AA piston compatible hand guards that drop in or free float. While you could opt to get the micro adjustable (do not confuse for their older low profile), you'd dropping that much more money on the upper before getting the rail system. The older low profile models did not fit under hand guards. They were too big. I have some piston kits that would be for range guns and they came with that older low profile block. I ended up just buying some clamp on railed piston blocks for the projects to replace them.

If you do still want to go with the micro block, it looks like it could be drilled and pinned, but you would probably want that professionally done which is also extra money.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    Unfortunately, you're going to be tied to AA for any piston parts. If I were you, I'd shoot what you have. You can get AA piston compatible hand guards that drop in or free float. While you could opt to get the micro adjustable (do not confuse for their older low profile), you'd dropping that much more money on the upper before getting the rail system. The older low profile models did not fit under hand guards. They were too big. I have some piston kits that would be for range guns and they came with that older low profile block. I ended up just buying some clamp on railed piston blocks for the projects to replace them.

If you do still want to go with the micro block, it looks like it could be drilled and pinned, but you would probably want that professionally done which is also extra money.
    Thank you so much for the info. That definitely helps me out in the decision making process.

(Allegheny County)

Does anyone make a 13-15" handguard that works with a rail height gas block?

(Beaver County)

I'm assuming you have a carbine length gas piston? You will be very limited in your options for hand guards. Nothing will be available in the 13" range. Best you can do is carbine with an "overshoot". Ergo Z-Float Overshoot, Samson Evo 7" EX (encapsulates block giving you about 10" overall length). DD options will be too expensive. Core15 still seems to sell the Ergo. Both Samson and Ergo use the existing barrel nut which will allow easy of install. Samson requires removal of the block, the Ergo is a two piece free float, and both require removal of the delta ring assembly and hand guard cap.

(Allegheny County)

Thank you again Viper! The Samson seems to be exactly what I was thinking. You are the man. Would rep you twice if I could.

(Beaver County)

(Delaware County)

Sorry....you are stuck with taller block/larger(and fewer) handguards. If you want choices, and SLIM, free float rails in many, many different flavors, go with a true AR15.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA