Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 🦌 Changes for 2021-22 hunting season

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    DMAP?
    https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/Recreation/W...s/default.aspx
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

On game lands it is significantly harder to kill something the second week of rifle season. Opening doe for 14 days will be a slaughter. It was last time so why wouldn't it be this time? They need more lumber. Prices are at an all time high and deer impact that number so we are going to get screwed. Last time they did this it took two seasons and after that it was harder to find a deer track in the snow than a coyote.
    This above!!!!! +++++++++
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    No rifle in fall turkey season.
    "Commissioners also made what they called a *difficult* vote to ban the use of rifles for fall turkey hunting, citing a declining turkey population."
    https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021...rkey-decision/
    What is this horseshit? I bought my license on line and I get junk mail from the Game Commission. The last one quoted their turkey biologist saying there were plenty of turkeys out there for the spring season. No rifles and a cut back in days to hunt in the fall? Sounds like a money decision to me. They(GC) could have cut back on spring turkey, but that is where the money is at now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    What is this horseshit? I bought my license on line and I get junk mail from the Game Commission. The last one quoted their turkey biologist saying there were plenty of turkeys out there for the spring season. No rifles and a cut back in days to hunt in the fall? Sounds like a money decision to me. They(GC) could have cut back on spring turkey, but that is where the money is at now.
    I'm not seeing anywhere near as many turkeys as a few years ago. Not sure why.

(Berks County)

I haven't hunted for nearly 30 years, and I'm certainly not an anti, but I think there are two valid points. One day (Sunday) off, gives the animals a 'rest' and a chance for non-hunters to enjoy PA state gamelands. 6/7 days/week is enough. Start the flaming.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I haven't hunted for nearly 30 years, and I'm certainly not an anti, but I think there are two valid points. One day (Sunday) off, gives the animals a 'rest' and a chance for non-hunters to enjoy PA state gamelands. 6/7 days/week is enough. Start the flaming.
    No flame job from me. First point, deer never rest from looking or sensing for predators. Second point, how about the man that only has Sunday off and works 6 days a week? Other states have 7 days a week and longer hunting seasons than we do and they*re fine when it comes to animal populations. If the game commission finds that the Sunday hunting is hurting populations they can always cancel Sundays again.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    No flame job from me. First point, deer never rest from looking or sensing for predators. Second point, how about the man that only has Sunday off and works 6 days a week? Other states have 7 days a week and longer hunting seasons than we do and they*re fine when it comes to animal populations. If the game commission finds that the Sunday hunting is hurting populations they can always cancel Sundays again.
    There are valid positions on both sides for sure.

I'm good with Sunday hunting just not two weeks of rifle for doe. It will decimate the population in two years.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    That is really not true. It is just another camp rumor. I used to check traps on Sundays during deer season and they KNOW when it is Sunday. Take a walk on a Sunday morning and you can hear the difference. I worked nights for years and lived in a farming/scattered woods area. During the week deer will move around during the day when all the noise stops. On a Saturday you would not see them.
    If I could only get a week off, the second week was my choice. A lot of deer move around on a Sunday to new places.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I'm not seeing anywhere near as many turkeys as a few years ago. Not sure why.
    I blame a lot of it on coyotes. I used to live in Lehigh County(10 years ago) and up on farmed hillsides on a rainy day you would see flocks of a hundred. After I mowed the lawn I would see 50-60 grown birds and pullets picking up bugs. My Buddy's kid still lives down there and he has shot quite a few coyotes in Lehigh, Bucks, and Montgomery counties. They seem to get more every year, or maybe he is just getting better at it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast