Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Exclamation May 18 Election - Ballot Questions

Passing on from a message I received from future Governor Doug Mastriano:

Voters Will Decide Three Ballot Questions on May 18

When voters head to the polls on May 18, they will have the final say on three potential amendments to the Pennsylvania Constitution. The way the Wolf Administration worded two of these questions has been roundly criticized as confusing and prejudicial, so it is critical for voters to understand what the questions really mean before casting their votes.

The first question asks whether the General Assembly should be allowed to terminate an emergency declaration if a governor continues to wield emergency powers long after the disaster has passed. A YES vote means the General Assembly could serve as a check on the governor’s power during an emergency to protect the rights of Pennsylvanians.

The second question asks whether future emergency declarations should be limited to 21 days unless extended by the General Assembly. A YES vote means the governor would be prohibited from maintaining unilateral control for an indefinite period of time during an emergency.

The third question asks whether new protections should be added for Pennsylvanians based on race or ethnicity. A YES vote means the rights of all state residents would be protected – regardless of an individual’s race or ethnicity – and the new protections at the state level would match those provided by the U.S. Constitution.

I encourage you to share this information with your family, friends and neighbors so everyone understands what a YES vote means for these critical ballot questions in May.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Columbia County)

Default Re: May 18 Election - Ballot Questions

Does the third question apply to white males?

(Bucks County)

I don't get the third question either. What Pa laws discriminate against race or ethnicity and need to be revoked? And if it passes what EXACTLY would it do?

I don't understand the basis either, I should follow up with Mastriano for an explanation.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I don't understand the basis either, I should follow up with Mastriano for an explanation.
    go the same from Martin I was curious about the third as well. My understanding is discrimination is discrimination.

Good post. You can see more here. https://ballotpedia.org/Pennsylvania...allot_measures

You can click on links that give you the actual question and more information. It seems to me it*s basically putting into writing something that should already be taken for granted. That everyone be treated equally.

My take is that it is similar to codifying the right bear arms. It*s a natural right but something that was put into writing to keep it from easily being taken away or ignored. And honestly most here probably see the right to bear arms as a natural right, and recognize that the natural right is constantly under assault. But without it being codified in the Constitution we would probably be in worse shape than we are now. We could well be Australia already.

More info. https://ballotpedia.org/Pennsylvania...ent_(May_2021)

Edit to add: btw according to ballotpedia it is 4 questions.
    Last edited by internet troll; April 9th, 2021 at 11:05 PM.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Good post. You can see more here. https://ballotpedia.org/Pennsylvania...allot_measures

You can click on links that give you the actual question and more information. It seems to me it*s basically putting into writing something that should already be taken for granted. That everyone be treated equally.

My take is that it is similar to codifying the right bear arms. It*s a natural right but something that was put into writing to keep it from easily being taken away or ignored. And honestly most here probably see the right to bear arms as a natural right, and recognize that the natural right is constantly under assault. But without it being codified in the Constitution we would probably be in worse shape than we are now. We could well be Australia already.

More info. https://ballotpedia.org/Pennsylvania...ent_(May_2021)

Edit to add: btw according to ballotpedia it is 4 questions.
    The equal right question was added in there by Senator Vincent Hughes a liberal democrat from Phila. No way was that added in to protect gun rights or eliminate affirmative action. I'm voting "NO" on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    The equal right question was added in there by Senator Vincent Hughes a liberal democrat from Phila. No way was that added in to protect gun rights or eliminate affirmative action. I'm voting "NO" on that one.
    I*m not saying it was to protect gun rights or eliminate affirmative action. I*m saying it*s codifying something that already exists and should be obvious similar to how we unfortunately have to codify natural rights like the 2nd. It*s not giving anyone extra rights that I can see.

Not sure if it is needed but I don*t see it as evil.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I don't get the third question either. What Pa laws discriminate against race or ethnicity and need to be revoked? And if it passes what EXACTLY would it do?
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Nothing is being revoked. New, specific protections are being proposed. If passed, a new "Section 29" will be added to Article 1. For comparison, Section 28 added protections against discrimination based on sex ("Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania because of the sex of the individual.")

Currently, our constitution does not specifically protect against discrimination based on race or ethnicity, though the US Constitution does include those protections.

https://tinyurl.com/yfaxxe7u
    What would this ballot measure add to the Pennsylvania Constitution?

The ballot measure would add the following section to the Pennsylvania Constitution's Declaration of Rights: "Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania because of the race or ethnicity of the individual."
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

I have been spreading the word on this but it appears as though a lot of people are apathetic and I get disgusted by it. They have plenty to say about the tyranny but when it comes time to change it they can't be bothered. WTF? And Thanks for the posts, guys, I am glad to hear that I can just tell folks to vote yes for all of them and they won't get confused.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast