Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Default Re: May 18 Election - Ballot Questions

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Assuming question #1 and #2 pass...what happens next?
    Absolutely nothing or absolutely everything...

Everything being legislature takes control of these covid restrictions (moot point now that all but masking has been lifted and even that is “unvaccinated people only”) and they hold wolf accountable for his actions by finally impeaching him and removing him from office.

I dont expect any of that will happen. So my vote goes to “absolutely nothing”. At least the orderlies will be back in charge of the asylum

(Berks County)

We will have to wait and see. It looks to me like this would include the never-ending SOE associated with the heroin 'epidemic'. Am I right?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by wgjhsaft View Post
    I think you are right about 4 albeit this is post election day discussion. In a way, it can be a backdoor to increased taxes or a complete loss of a volly unit.

People forget that government gets its spending money entirely from the people through taxes, fines, fees, and debts (bonds/loans). It is not a for profit business. In my opinion, many politicians are morons and would never be successful in the private sector. Why give them access to more money from a source that will take away from organizations that need it more.

Loans are a terrible way for government to spend money. Politicians in power now can pay off certain voting blocs and pass off the responsibility to tax payers in the future without suffering a political price. By the time the bill comes due, the politicians will be in a different position. Money is fungible. If a municipality can now access a loan source to pay for equipment instead of using a portion of it's previously allocated budget, the previously budgeted portion will now be used on something else. What do you think politicians are going to do? Of course they are going to buy votes from whatever voting bloc they are trying to suck up to.

I pray that when the collapse comes, Bucks, Philadelphia, Montgomery etc can be given to NJ. I will gladly move to finally get away form these idiots.
    Last edited by ed bernay; May 19th, 2021 at 09:08 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Absolutely nothing or absolutely everything...

Everything being legislature takes control of these covid restrictions (moot point now that all but masking has been lifted and even that is *unvaccinated people only*) and they hold wolf accountable for his actions by finally impeaching him and removing him from office.

I dont expect any of that will happen. So my vote goes to *absolutely nothing*. At least the orderlies will be back in charge of the asylum
    Wolf wont be impeached.

If the amendments are approved by the People, they will become law of the land. The General Assembly will then became to curtail any existing(and future) SoE's. Although, any existing SoE's may stay in effect until they naturally expire due to Ex Post Facto protections of the US Constitution.

The amendments will severely limit Wolf's future SoE's on Opioid Crisis and Covid that he keeps pushing upon us.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ed bernay View Post
    People forget that government gets its spending money entirely from the people through taxes, fines, fees, and debts (bonds/loans). It is not a for profit business. In my opinion, many politicians are morons and would never be successful in the private sector. Why give them access to more money from a source that will take away from organization that need it more.

Loans are terrible a terrible way for government to spend money. Politicians in power now can pay off certain voting blocs and pass off the responsibility to tax payers in the future without suffering a political price. By the time the bill comes due, the politicians will be in a different position. Money is fungible. If a municipality can now access a loan source to pay for equipment instead of using a portion of it's previously allocated budget, the previously budgeted portion will now be used on something else. What do you think politicians are going to do? Of course they are going to buy votes from whatever voting bloc they are trying to suck up to.

I pray that when the collapse comes, Bucks, Philadelphia, Montgomery etc can be given to NJ. I will gladly move to finally get away form these idiots.
    Locally a school district took money for a new school to be built and did so in such a poorly planned way they should have gone bankrupt. The state took them over and now the district's taxes will go up and will go up for the foreseeable future.
    Run

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Wolf wont be impeached.

If the amendments are approved by the People, they will become law of the land. The General Assembly will then became to curtail any existing(and future) SoE's. Although, any existing SoE's may stay in effect until they naturally expire due to Ex Post Facto protections of the US Constitution.

The amendments will severely limit Wolf's future SoE's on Opioid Crisis and Covid that he keeps pushing upon us.
    Kinda what i expect as far as absolutely nothing. It just puts the adults back in charge is all

(Westmoreland County)

I can't believe this passed. Thought for sure the left would steal this one away.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ed bernay View Post
    People forget that government gets its spending money entirely from the people through taxes, fines, fees, and debts (bonds/loans). It is not a for profit business. In my opinion, many politicians are morons and would never be successful in the private sector. Why give them access to more money from a source that will take away from organizations that need it more.

Loans are a terrible way for government to spend money. Politicians in power now can pay off certain voting blocs and pass off the responsibility to tax payers in the future without suffering a political price. By the time the bill comes due, the politicians will be in a different position. Money is fungible. If a municipality can now access a loan source to pay for equipment instead of using a portion of it's previously allocated budget, the previously budgeted portion will now be used on something else. What do you think politicians are going to do? Of course they are going to buy votes from whatever voting bloc they are trying to suck up to.

I doubt any municipal department gets a loan from this program. Outside of the cities, most fire or EMS departments are private non for profit agencies, even if two or borough is in the name.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910