Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: May 18 Election - Ballot Questions

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    I'm sitting here with a Democratic mailing in my hand. They encourage all to vote NO, NO, YES, YES. That clears up the issue for me. YES, YES, NO, NO, will be how I vote. I likely would have gone that route anyway but it's always good to get the DEM input.

Bob D
    Thanks for confirming.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

PickingPA Guest

I absolutely agree with the Y,Y,N,N plan.

Originally, reading 3 & 4 it seemed like “well, yeah nothing wrong with that”

But then when you drill down on the language and realize exactly WHY is was worded that way...the sneaky intent becomes clear

(Bucks County)

Y, Y, N ,N sounds good to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    I absolutely agree with the Y,Y,N,N plan.

Originally, reading 3 & 4 it seemed like *well, yeah nothing wrong with that*

But then when you drill down on the language and realize exactly WHY is was worded that way...the sneaky intent becomes clear
    I was explaining to my wife last night why #4 was a bad idea. She's on to the motives of #3 already.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

https://www.senatormikereganpa.com/2...lot-questions/

What a YES Vote Means on May 18th Ballot Questions

Posted on May 04, 2021
    By: Pennsylvania Senator Mike Regan

On Tuesday, May 18th, voters will head to the polls for Pennsylvania*s primary election, and in addition to local government races, electors will be asked to vote on four separate ballot questions, which have been authorized by the General Assembly. It is important to understand exactly what these ballot questions are asking and what your *YES* vote means.

Throughout COVID, people have felt powerless and now the legislature is returning power to the people through these ballot questions. Unfortunately, Governor Wolf and his administration continue to mislead the people of Pennsylvania with false information about two of the questions with regard to future emergency declarations.

Governor Wolf first issued a COVID emergency declaration in March 2020. Current law provides for an emergency declaration to last up to 90 days and be renewed by the governor indefinitely. He has renewed his declaration four times since last March with absolutely no collaboration with the legislature.

Current law also provides for the General Assembly to end a declaration through the passage of what is called a concurrent resolution, but our state constitution requires all concurrent resolutions to go before the Governor. Not surprisingly, Governor Wolf vetoed our attempt to end his COVID declaration last year.

And that is why two of the four constitutional amendments appearing on the May 18th ballot are so important. One limits an emergency declaration to 21 days unless the General Assembly approves a longer duration. The other clarifies that the governor will not be able to unilaterally veto legislative action that ends the declaration.

The governor*s actions during COVID have had zero checks and balances. He has single-handedly dismantled that key function of government, which our country was founded on. Our governor, who touts transparency, has refused to discuss his strategies and decisions with the legislature * your representatives in government. I saw this firsthand as Chairman of the Senate Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee as the governor shut down businesses, closed schools, altered election laws, and paralyzed the commonwealth*s economy. We cannot allow this unilateral decision-making power, which is not granted anywhere in state law or our constitution, to continue.

And it is important to remember that this is not just an issue in Pennsylvania. More than thirty other states are taking back control from Governors * from both sides of the aisle * that cut out the legislature and took it upon themselves to rewrite laws and set policy that negatively impacted the people of their states.

So, do not be fooled by the Governor*s disingenuous claims or his Department of State, which by law, is charged with writing the ballot questions in response to all legislation authorizing constitutional amendments passed by the General Assembly. Unfortunately, instead of giving Pennsylvania voters a clear, concise and fair explanation of these two amendments on the ballot, the Department of State gave us 145 words worth of confusing, partisan propaganda. This is a clear attempt to sabotage these amendments so Governor Wolf can maintain his dictatorship.

What is important to remember when you go to the polls on May 18th is that your *YES* vote means returning power to the people by ensuring your elected Senators and Representatives are part of the decision-making process for emergency declarations by requiring the Governor to work with the legislature.

It is as simple as:

Question 1 * YES Vote Means: A majority of state lawmakers, elected by the people, can vote to end emergency declarations and restrictions on citizens.

Question 2 * YES Vote Means: Emergency declarations are limited to 21 days unless the General Assembly, elected by the people, approves longer.

To learn more about these and the other two ballot questions, voters can visit: https://issue.pasenategop.com/ballot-question/. And those registered as Independent CAN vote on the ballot questions during the primary.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

PickingPA Guest

Got this in the mail today from the Republican Headquarters of Lancaster County, calling for a YES vote on 1,2 & 3

Most state reps/sens mailings and websites are urging a YES vote on #1 & 2 but are relatively quiet on 3 & 4

Obviously the critical political battle is surrounding 1 & 2 and that’s were the effort is being focused

(Berks County)

Got this in the mail today from the Republican Headquarters of Lancaster County, calling for a YES vote on 1,2 & 3

Most state reps/sens mailings and websites are urging a YES vote on #1 & 2 but are relatively quiet on 3 & 4

Obviously the critical political battle is surrounding 1 & 2 and that*s were the effort is being focused
    They could just be keeping it simple to avoid confusion for those who are not really paying attention.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    My wife has had some discussions with the conservative candidates for governor and Toomey's senate seat, Joe and Sean Gale. They are 100% solid conservative, small government, liberty-minded individuals. They put out a handout regarding the ballot questions, with a YES, YES, NO, NO. Here is the handout, which gives a brief explanation of why Y, Y, N, N.

This BY FAR is the best thing to show those that really don't understand what it is the Dems want/don't want. #3 has absolutely NO definition of "ethnicity" so they (actually anyone) could define it any way they want. A definite NO on 3 and 4

I have it posted in my shop where anyone can easily see it and I will answer their questions if they have any (but I don't think there has been a liberal in my shop in 20 years )
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Chester County)

Vote Yes, Yes, No, No. This is the way to go. I believe the first two will pass because so many people have been injured and their lives destroyed by the policies of Wolf and his pet tranny. Don't count on gun owners to show up though to pass these amendments, contact your neighbors and family have them understand the consequences of having a person like Wolf being able to at his own will destroy the lives of so many.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Obviously the critical political battle is surrounding 1 & 2 and that*s were the effort is being focused
    Stopped at Maple Donuts in York earlier. They had a sign on their front door urging customers to vote YES on #1 and 2. I love this place.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast