Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: May 18 Election - Ballot Questions

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    3 and 4?
    LRCA Question 1 Legislature Empowers the legislature to extend or terminate a emergency declaration by resolution
    LRCA Question 2 Executive Addresses the governor's emergency powers, including requiring legislative approval to continue beyond 21 days
    LRCA Question 3 Constitutional Prohibits denial or abridgement of rights on account of an individual's race or ethnicity
    LRSS Question 4 Budgets Expands the state's loan program to volunteer fire companies to municipal fire companies and EMS service nonprofits

When was a 4th question added? I haven't heard anything about it.

#1 and #2 are the big ones to get passed. #3 makes no sense, don't care about it. #4, I'd lean no as well...volunteer companies need help. Muni depts are government (tax) funded already, they are just putting their hands out for more.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post

#1 and #2 are the big ones to get passed. #3 makes no sense, don't care about it. #4, I'd lean no as well...volunteer companies need help. Muni depts are government (tax) funded already, they are just putting their hands out for more.
    #4 has been there all along AFAIK but it is not a constitutional amendment, just a change in policy of some sort. For those who are on the ball, I'd say sure, vote 'no' on #3 but if you are asking people who aren't so much on top if it, 'yes' to all makes it less confusing to them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

I'm sitting here with a Democratic mailing in my hand. They encourage all to vote NO, NO, YES, YES. That clears up the issue for me. YES, YES, NO, NO, will be how I vote. I likely would have gone that route anyway but it's always good to get the DEM input.

Bob D

I figured the passage of 1 and 2 would be a shoe in, but at least on social media comments it might not be so clear.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    #4 has been there all along AFAIK but it is not a constitutional amendment, just a change in policy of some sort. For those who are on the ball, I'd say sure, vote 'no' on #3 but if you are asking people who aren't so much on top if it, 'yes' to all makes it less confusing to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    I'm sitting here with a Democratic mailing in my hand. They encourage all to vote NO, NO, YES, YES. That clears up the issue for me. YES, YES, NO, NO, will be how I vote. I likely would have gone that route anyway but it's always good to get the DEM input.

Bob D
    My wife has had some discussions with the conservative candidates for governor and Toomey's senate seat, Joe and Sean Gale. They are 100% solid conservative, small government, liberty-minded individuals. They put out a handout regarding the ballot questions, with a YES, YES, NO, NO. Here is the handout, which gives a brief explanation of why Y, Y, N, N.

Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

I pointed out there was a 4th question in post#6 so it is not a new question

(Berks County)

Are we sure of the order of the questions on the ballot? Y, Y, N, N is easy to convey to people.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Are we sure of the order of the questions on the ballot? Y, Y, N, N is easy to convey to people.
    Yes, that will be the order on the ballot.

Only possibly confusing thing is some areas of PA may also have ballot questions about local issues in addition to the state wide questions.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post

Bob D
    Sadly, THIS is an accurate method of deciphering this stuff.

As soon as I read #3 and saw that it was about "rights" and "race", my Spidey senses were tingling.
    I KNOW that these things are typically worded in a way to deceive the voters into voting for something bad that SOUNDS GREAT in a one-line question.
    I still wasn't 100% sure that #3 was "bad" until you pointed out the "dem answer".
    "No" will be my vote.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast