Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Morgantown, PA 3 DAY SHOW (MOAKS) APRIL 23, 24, 25, 2021

These gun shows are not relevant any more. Over priced for the most part. Vendors who don't seem to get with the times. A growing product line of non gun items.

The only redeeming value these shows do have is the small group of vendors who do offer relevant goods at a price that is reasonable and gun related.

Count me out for another one...live and learn.

Edit to add: Just spoke with some numb nut at EA. The guy said that drug dealers and junkies are buying the 80% lowers too. My retort was" If I sold a block of aluminum to someone and they turned it into a lower or a knife are we going to stop selling them too? CRICKETS!

That is what will sink the 2nd Amendment community...lack of conviction.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by edmundfitz1975 View Post
    They changed and then quietly went back to not allowing them. This is per Landmark Firearms LLC - contact landmarkfirearms@gmail.com
    Thanks very much for the follow-up. Sadly, neither Eagle Arms or JSD responded.

I didn't go today, partly because I spent my "gun money" for the month on an unexpected find at a local shop. (Brought home a new Colt Python.) Also, partially due to ammo prices now higher at the shows than my local range and gun prices in many cases way over MSRP (plus a CC fee)....I'm just not interested.

While the availability of 80% stuff at a given event doesn't make a difference to me...the reason it isn't there does.

Between the turnpike tolls, gas, time...and the admission fee....well, you know...

(Delaware County)

Fascinating. People not going because they think something wasn't there because something political was going on because because because.
    I went this afternoon (Friday). I looked at stuff. I actually found something that I look for at every gun show that I attend, and only once in a while find.
    I would also point out the Highland Arms was there and a few other "Poofa" folk. Ammo was through the roof. On the other hand, the Pickle Guy and the Jerky Guy were there; no need for a permit to buy.
    To my disappointment neither the fudge guy nor the sock guy was there. I was there at 2:30. No line. Parked in the lot near the entrance. Wasn't horribly crowded.
    As for whether the 80% guys were there, I'll let you be the same scientist that I am. Move your butt to your car, drive to MOAKs, pay the fee, AND LOOK!
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Fascinating. People not going because they think something wasn't there because something political was going on because because because.

As for whether the 80% guys were there, I'll let you be the same scientist that I am. Move your butt to your car, drive to MOAKs, pay the fee, AND LOOK!
    Or you could just tell people whether there are or aren't 80%s there, since you already went and put your money down. It has nothing to with laziness or driving out there, and everything to do with principle and what some of us are or aren't willing to put our dollars behind. It's not like we're asking if you saw any boxes of 8mm Nambu ammo.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I went this afternoon (Friday). I looked at stuff. I actually found something that I look for at every gun show that I attend, and only once in a while find.
    I would also point out the Highland Arms was there and a few other "Poofa" folk. Ammo was through the roof. On the other hand, the Pickle Guy and the Jerky Guy were there; no need for a permit to buy.
    To my disappointment neither the fudge guy nor the sock guy was there. I was there at 2:30. No line. Parked in the lot near the entrance. Wasn't horribly crowded.
    Today it's 80%, tomorrow it's primers and powder and I'll let everyone decide for themselves what's best for them. I was glad to see Morgantown morph into what it is after MONTCO went apeshit on killing their economy and I'd feel the same joy to see Leesport grow in response to Eagle Arms' decision to kowtow to the loony lefties.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Or you could just tell people whether there are or aren't 80%s there, since you already went and put your money down. It has nothing to with laziness or driving out there, and everything to do with principle and what some of us are or aren't willing to put our dollars behind. It's not like we're asking if you saw any boxes of 8mm Nambu ammo.
    100% chance 80% are being sold and JSD is present.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    True. I was being coy. I apologize. I had just figured that if JSD wasn't responding they may have some issue. I really should be more careful when posting just before going to bed.
    I will make one other observation. Those who turned on Eagle Arms, definitely 2A supporters, over this one (false) issue are exactly what the Biden/Wolf/AOC crowd want. Setting us against each other helps them, not us. Just as I made a mistake in judgement, perhaps y'all should re-examine who you're biting. Also, I did not see a single box of 8 mm Nambu, but I did see a few boxes of .32 S&W long. .380 was going for $35 for a box of 20 specialized to $40-50 for a box of 50 PMC FMJ. $550 for an 8 lb. jug of Titegroup. I did see some reasonable firearms prices as well as some that were pie-in-the-sky (just like every other gun show I've been to).
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    100% chance 80% are being sold and JSD is present.
    If JSD is there, they should've responded to a customer's request for that info...or updated their website to show they would be there.

My reason for wanting to know about the 80% stuff was simply due to some (what I'll call) rumors about the promoters changing the policy. I just wondered about the current stance. Eagle Shows has also yet to respond. I wouldn't necessarily attend...or not attend...over the availability of 80% stuff there.

I simply can't get there this weekend with work, but have enjoyed the Morgantown shows in the past.

The last couple times, I actually found a couple items and I enjoy simply going to look. There are several dealers I look forward to seeing, like Highland Arms.

I understand why some are upset by this and choose to boycott. I respect their opinion. I also think it's good to support gun shows to keep them going.

EDIT: According to a post on the Eagle Facebook page, they only allow 80% to be sold through an FFL with a background check. Another poster wrote that they contacted Eagle who's said they never agreed to anything and Shapiro lied. They say it's due to what a venue allows...but nothing from Eagle to confirm or deny.

(Bucks County)

Ah yes...there may not have been 8mm Nambu...but was there 80% stuff?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    Ah yes...there may not have been 8mm Nambu...but was there 80% stuff?
    Yes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast