Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Handgun

Default Re: Handgun

Quote Originally Posted by stonekatrina76 View Post
    My in laws home was broken into and since December the cops have no leads. So we are trying to figure some things out. One suspect lives in PA and suddenly has some different hand guns As ally in laws gund are legal and posted stollen with police. We were hoping the guns he had could l in ad us to someone with info. I apologize for all the confusion. Why is everyone attacking me like O did something wrong.
    in-laws problem, not yours. i would recommend not getting involved and this sniffs of a "domestic" situation.
    wait patiently. the courts have been a disaster for a year thanks to a nation full of hungry tyrants.
    everything that takes stupidly long now takes insanely longer.
    if there is something they know that they believe the police don't, they should inform the police and should have been given contact information at least on a police report for such an instance. (like serial #'s for their missing property)
    Many recently received thousands of "free" dollars (especially those with kids) some chose to spend it on new guns.

from someone who themselves is generally hard to understand, from one of us to another, proof read what you want to tell people. it is very hard to understand, spelling errors aside. (this post has undergone 7 iterations and took about 15min and still needed a post-posting edit)

finally: insure your weapons, lock them up tightly, bring them with or simply don't leave them unattended. then they dont get stoled or you're compensated if you mess up and they do.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    1) I don't know what you're typing on but some of your stuff looks like it comes from that African prince who has to disperse $1M and needs my bank account number. 2) New member always get scrutinized because trolls will sometimes come around with 'unusual' situations that they need help with just for shits and giggles, like they have nothing better to do. Therefore, you need to clear up exactly what you are getting at and figure out why your spelling is out of wack to the point that it's hard to figure out what your words are.
    ^^^ This. All of it.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Just to expand on the topics mentioned , I'd like to know why FFL's do not have access to the NICS stolen gun database , and PA dealers do not have access to the PSP database. Back in my dealer days , the shop I worked at did take in a few guns that unknown to us , were stolen. PSP and ATF showed up with a list after the person who brought them in was arrested and told where he sold them. We followed the law , logged them in the book and had the sellers info (I actually knew/went to HS with him) . They took the guns , the shop was just out a few hundred bucks. Months later I was called to testify , but he pleaded out. Dealer access just might have avoided this.
    PA dealers who use E-PICS on a smartphone, tablet or computer do have access to a PSP stolen guns database. I believe that started in late 2019 or 2020. It is not always instant though. It can sometimes take several hours to get an answer on a stolen gun inquiry just like a background check.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123