Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default 4/6/21 Casey response

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about S. 529, the Background Check Expansion Act of 2021, S. 591, the Background Check Completion Act of 2021 and S. 736, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021. I appreciate hearing from you about these issues.

Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut introduced S. 529, the Background Check Expansion Act on March 2, 2021. This bill would expand federal background checks to the sale or transfer of firearms by private sellers, closing the online sale, gun show and private seller loopholes. The background check requirement would not apply to certain firearm transfers, such as gifts between relatives in good faith. I am an original cosponsor of the Background Check Expansion Act. Should S. 529 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut introduced S. 591, the Background Check Completion Act on March 4, 2021. The bill would close the "Charleston Loophole," which allows gun sales to proceed after 72 hours even if a background check is incomplete. This loophole has allowed for thousands of gun sales to prohibited buyers, including the sale to the perpetrator of the deadly attack on Charleston's Emanuel AME Church. Addressing this gap in our existing law becomes even more urgent when considering that between January 1, 2020 and November 12, 2020 the FBI reported 5,807 sales to prohibited buyers through the Charleston Loophole, making 2020 the highest year for on record for such unauthorized purchases. In recognition of the need to balance safety with law-abiding citizens' right to purchase firearms, the bill permits sales to proceed if the escalated review remains incomplete after an additional ten days. I am an original cosponsor of the Background Check Completion Act. Should S. 591 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

Senator Dianne Feinstein of California introduced S. 736, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 on March 11, 2021. This bill would outlaw the importation, sale, transfer or possession of a military-style assault weapon, as well as magazines or other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. This bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment, and it creates a fund for compensating individuals who voluntarily give back their military-style assault weapons and high capacity magazines under a buy-back program.

Military-style assault weapons have been used in most of our Nation's worst mass shootings, including the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, the 2013 Aurora theatre shooting, the 2015 San Bernardino attack, the 2016 Pulse nightclub shooting, the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, the 2017 Sutherlands Springs church shooting, the 2018 Parkland shooting and the 2018 Tree of Life shooting in Pittsburgh. In a review of nearly 120 mass shootings between 1982 and 2020 in the United States, law enforcement recovered 83 semi-automatic handguns and 94 assault weapons and weapons with high magazine capacities. Furthermore, an FBI study examining active shooter incidents between 2000 to 2013 discovered that approximately three quarters of the weapons used by perpetrators of mass shootings were obtained legally either through purchase or prior legal possession. I am a proud original cosponsor of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021. Should S. 736 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

I support the Second Amendment right of private law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for lawful purposes like self-defense, sporting and collection. Like the majority of Americans, I also believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help prevent the tragic mass shootings, community gun violence, accidental deaths and gun-related suicides that take the lives of approximately 40,000 Americans each year. Among these commonsense measures, I support legislation to implement universal background checks, ensure the safe storage of firearms, prohibit the use of assault weapons and establish risk protection orders to prevent those who pose safety risks to themselves or others from possessing firearms. I also support legislation to fund research at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on firearms safety and gun violence prevention.

While addressing the gun violence epidemic unquestionably begins with commonsense gun reforms, it also involves treating the community roots of gun violence, including barriers to education and housing, as well as lack of economic opportunity. I am committed to addressing each of these root causes so that our communities are not only safer, but also released from the cycles of disinvestment and neglect that are associated with increased gun violence. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, https://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator

(Berks County)

Default Re: 4/6/21 Casey response

Yeah, I got that response too and when I replied that Hunter Biden needed to go to jail, the mailer demon sent it back to me as undeliverable.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Default Bob Casey on gun control

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about S. 529, the Background Check Expansion Act of 2021, S. 591, the Background Check Completion Act of 2021 and S. 736, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021. I appreciate hearing from you about these issues.

Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut introduced S. 529, the Background Check Expansion Act on March 2, 2021. This bill would expand federal background checks to the sale or transfer of firearms by private sellers, closing the online sale, gun show and private seller loopholes. The background check requirement would not apply to certain firearm transfers, such as gifts between relatives in good faith. I am an original cosponsor of the Background Check Expansion Act. Should S. 529 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut introduced S. 591, the Background Check Completion Act on March 4, 2021. The bill would close the "Charleston Loophole," which allows gun sales to proceed after 72 hours even if a background check is incomplete. This loophole has allowed for thousands of gun sales to prohibited buyers, including the sale to the perpetrator of the deadly attack on Charleston's Emanuel AME Church. Addressing this gap in our existing law becomes even more urgent when considering that between January 1, 2020 and November 12, 2020 the FBI reported 5,807 sales to prohibited buyers through the Charleston Loophole, making 2020 the highest year for on record for such unauthorized purchases. In recognition of the need to balance safety with law-abiding citizens' right to purchase firearms, the bill permits sales to proceed if the escalated review remains incomplete after an additional ten days. I am an original cosponsor of the Background Check Completion Act. Should S. 591 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

Senator Dianne Feinstein of California introduced S. 736, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 on March 11, 2021. This bill would outlaw the importation, sale, transfer or possession of a military-style assault weapon, as well as magazines or other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. This bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment, and it creates a fund for compensating individuals who voluntarily give back their military-style assault weapons and high capacity magazines under a buy-back program.

Military-style assault weapons have been used in most of our Nation's worst mass shootings, including the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, the 2013 Aurora theatre shooting, the 2015 San Bernardino attack, the 2016 Pulse nightclub shooting, the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, the 2017 Sutherlands Springs church shooting, the 2018 Parkland shooting and the 2018 Tree of Life shooting in Pittsburgh. In a review of nearly 120 mass shootings between 1982 and 2020 in the United States, law enforcement recovered 83 semi-automatic handguns and 94 assault weapons and weapons with high magazine capacities. Furthermore, an FBI study examining active shooter incidents between 2000 to 2013 discovered that approximately three quarters of the weapons used by perpetrators of mass shootings were obtained legally either through purchase or prior legal possession. I am a proud original cosponsor of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021. Should S. 736 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

I support the Second Amendment right of private law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for lawful purposes like self-defense, sporting and collection. Like the majority of Americans, I also believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help prevent the tragic mass shootings, community gun violence, accidental deaths and gun-related suicides that take the lives of approximately 40,000 Americans each year. Among these commonsense measures, I support legislation to implement universal background checks, ensure the safe storage of firearms, prohibit the use of assault weapons and establish risk protection orders to prevent those who pose safety risks to themselves or others from possessing firearms. I also support legislation to fund research at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on firearms safety and gun violence prevention.*

While addressing the gun violence epidemic unquestionably begins with commonsense gun reforms, it also involves treating the community roots of gun violence, including barriers to education and housing, as well as lack of economic opportunity. I am committed to addressing each of these root causes so that our communities are not only safer, but also released from the cycles of disinvestment and neglect that are associated with increased gun violence. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, https://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Default Re: Bob Casey on gun control

Might want to stop voting these a holes in office, Pennsylvania.

PickingPA Guest

I got the same reply from Casey

For comparison:

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to the Bipartisan Background Checks Act (H.R. 8) and the Enhanced Background Checks Act (H.R. 1446). Like you, I am opposed to these bills.

As a gun owner, I share your strong support for our Second Amendment rights. The rights of law-abiding gun owners must be upheld and the Second Amendment is crucial to maintaining a free society. You may be interested to know that I signed on as a cosponsor to H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, which would allow citizens with a concealed carry permit to transport their firearm across state lines.

As you know, H.R. 8 seeks to require a background check for every firearm transfer or sale, even those between family and friends. H.R. 1446 aims to grant unelected government officials the ability to indefinitely delay firearm purchases in the event of technical difficulties with a background check. H.R. 8 and H.R. 1446 have been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary. While I do not serve on this committee, rest assured I share your strong support for our Second Amendment rights and will continue to oppose legislation that places further restrictions on responsible, law-abiding Pennsylvanians who choose to exercise their constitutional rights.

Again, I appreciate your thoughts and it is an honor to serve you in Congress. Please do not hesitate to contact me again in the future.

Sincerely,

Lloyd Smucker
    Member of Congress

(York County)

Yep, he's still a yellow asshole riding his father's coat tails.

Even if he isn't violating the 2A, he's violating PA's state constitution by voting this way.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Berks County)

The oath means nothing to them. Representative means nothing to them. Dear Leader is their aspiration. Peons is their view of the people. Apathy is their life blood.

(York County)

I got the same reply.....meh.
    We are Americans first, never forget this.

(Allegheny County)

Kind of astonished his emails keep getting mentioned on the forum . He's a piece of shit. Every time I get a response from him I think of that song lyric by Herman's Hermits "Second verse same as the first..." cause it's the same shit over and over.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Bucks County)

Same reply here, what a piece of trash. Pro 2a my ass.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast