Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Bob Casey on gun control

What a flaccid penis that man is. Name recognition is how this fool got elected. "Hey, remember my dad". Vote 4 me. All the old democrats (and probably lots of R's too) ate that shit up and voted for him. Plus being from the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area. Every god damn idiot up there most likely voted for him. That family name carries hero status up that way for some reason. There was a hotel up in Scranton named after the family. I think they knocked it down.

(Chester County)

Default Re: 4/6/21 Casey response

Quote Originally Posted by rellisonii View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to contact me about S. 529, the Background Check Expansion Act of 2021, S. 591, the Background Check Completion Act of 2021 and S. 736, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021. I appreciate hearing from you about these issues.

Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut introduced S. 529, the Background Check Expansion Act on March 2, 2021. This bill would expand federal background checks to the sale or transfer of firearms by private sellers, closing the online sale, gun show and private seller loopholes. The background check requirement would not apply to certain firearm transfers, such as gifts between relatives in good faith. I am an original cosponsor of the Background Check Expansion Act. Should S. 529 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut introduced S. 591, the Background Check Completion Act on March 4, 2021. The bill would close the "Charleston Loophole," which allows gun sales to proceed after 72 hours even if a background check is incomplete. This loophole has allowed for thousands of gun sales to prohibited buyers, including the sale to the perpetrator of the deadly attack on Charleston's Emanuel AME Church. Addressing this gap in our existing law becomes even more urgent when considering that between January 1, 2020 and November 12, 2020 the FBI reported 5,807 sales to prohibited buyers through the Charleston Loophole, making 2020 the highest year for on record for such unauthorized purchases. In recognition of the need to balance safety with law-abiding citizens' right to purchase firearms, the bill permits sales to proceed if the escalated review remains incomplete after an additional ten days. I am an original cosponsor of the Background Check Completion Act. Should S. 591 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

Senator Dianne Feinstein of California introduced S. 736, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 on March 11, 2021. This bill would outlaw the importation, sale, transfer or possession of a military-style assault weapon, as well as magazines or other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. This bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment, and it creates a fund for compensating individuals who voluntarily give back their military-style assault weapons and high capacity magazines under a buy-back program.

Military-style assault weapons have been used in most of our Nation's worst mass shootings, including the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, the 2013 Aurora theatre shooting, the 2015 San Bernardino attack, the 2016 Pulse nightclub shooting, the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, the 2017 Sutherlands Springs church shooting, the 2018 Parkland shooting and the 2018 Tree of Life shooting in Pittsburgh. In a review of nearly 120 mass shootings between 1982 and 2020 in the United States, law enforcement recovered 83 semi-automatic handguns and 94 assault weapons and weapons with high magazine capacities. Furthermore, an FBI study examining active shooter incidents between 2000 to 2013 discovered that approximately three quarters of the weapons used by perpetrators of mass shootings were obtained legally either through purchase or prior legal possession. I am a proud original cosponsor of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021. Should S. 736 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

I support the Second Amendment right of private law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for lawful purposes like self-defense, sporting and collection. Like the majority of Americans, I also believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help prevent the tragic mass shootings, community gun violence, accidental deaths and gun-related suicides that take the lives of approximately 40,000 Americans each year. Among these commonsense measures, I support legislation to implement universal background checks, ensure the safe storage of firearms, prohibit the use of assault weapons and establish risk protection orders to prevent those who pose safety risks to themselves or others from possessing firearms. I also support legislation to fund research at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on firearms safety and gun violence prevention.

While addressing the gun violence epidemic unquestionably begins with commonsense gun reforms, it also involves treating the community roots of gun violence, including barriers to education and housing, as well as lack of economic opportunity. I am committed to addressing each of these root causes so that our communities are not only safer, but also released from the cycles of disinvestment and neglect that are associated with increased gun violence. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, https://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator
    The democrats are the ones standing in the way because the last thing they want is an independent and educated black population. Case in point; one of the first acts of the Communist Omao was to close down the charter schools in Washington DC because the minority populations were finally beginning to get an education. The education systems in the US cities are cash cows for the democrats.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

What a dissembling dick. Rifles account for around 300 murders by firearm per year. The vast majority of murders by firearms are illegal handguns in urban areas controlled by democrats. He knows that. Everyone knows that.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Chester County)

Got the proverbial system generated email that thanked me and said he would reply... still waiting.

Jr is soft, but I feel like he could still take Toomey in a pillow fight.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Yep. He's down there with Booker and Menendez, who I think were also co sponsors on those bills.

(Cumberland County)

Supports 2A and is pro life! What a gem we have!
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

(Lebanon County)

exact same reply, when will he change his affiliation to "Communist New York" When will these guys be prosecuted for Perjury, I mean they did "False Official Swearing" which falls under that criminal statue by ignoring their oath of office. Once we start prosecuting them for this, we can have trust in the government again, not the "Just Us" system

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by rellisonii View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to contact me about S. 529, the Background Check Expansion Act of 2021, S. 591, the Background Check Completion Act of 2021 and S. 736, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021. I appreciate hearing from you about these issues.

Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut introduced S. 529, the Background Check Expansion Act on March 2, 2021. This bill would expand federal background checks to the sale or transfer of firearms by private sellers, closing the online sale, gun show and private seller loopholes. The background check requirement would not apply to certain firearm transfers, such as gifts between relatives in good faith. I am an original cosponsor of the Background Check Expansion Act. Should S. 529 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut introduced S. 591, the Background Check Completion Act on March 4, 2021. The bill would close the "Charleston Loophole," which allows gun sales to proceed after 72 hours even if a background check is incomplete. This loophole has allowed for thousands of gun sales to prohibited buyers, including the sale to the perpetrator of the deadly attack on Charleston's Emanuel AME Church. Addressing this gap in our existing law becomes even more urgent when considering that between January 1, 2020 and November 12, 2020 the FBI reported 5,807 sales to prohibited buyers through the Charleston Loophole, making 2020 the highest year for on record for such unauthorized purchases. In recognition of the need to balance safety with law-abiding citizens' right to purchase firearms, the bill permits sales to proceed if the escalated review remains incomplete after an additional ten days. I am an original cosponsor of the Background Check Completion Act. Should S. 591 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

Senator Dianne Feinstein of California introduced S. 736, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 on March 11, 2021. This bill would outlaw the importation, sale, transfer or possession of a military-style assault weapon, as well as magazines or other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. This bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment, and it creates a fund for compensating individuals who voluntarily give back their military-style assault weapons and high capacity magazines under a buy-back program.

Military-style assault weapons have been used in most of our Nation's worst mass shootings, including the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, the 2013 Aurora theatre shooting, the 2015 San Bernardino attack, the 2016 Pulse nightclub shooting, the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, the 2017 Sutherlands Springs church shooting, the 2018 Parkland shooting and the 2018 Tree of Life shooting in Pittsburgh. In a review of nearly 120 mass shootings between 1982 and 2020 in the United States, law enforcement recovered 83 semi-automatic handguns and 94 assault weapons and weapons with high magazine capacities. Furthermore, an FBI study examining active shooter incidents between 2000 to 2013 discovered that approximately three quarters of the weapons used by perpetrators of mass shootings were obtained legally either through purchase or prior legal possession. I am a proud original cosponsor of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021. Should S. 736 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

I support the Second Amendment right of private law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for lawful purposes like self-defense, sporting and collection. Like the majority of Americans, I also believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help prevent the tragic mass shootings, community gun violence, accidental deaths and gun-related suicides that take the lives of approximately 40,000 Americans each year. Among these commonsense measures, I support legislation to implement universal background checks, ensure the safe storage of firearms, prohibit the use of assault weapons and establish risk protection orders to prevent those who pose safety risks to themselves or others from possessing firearms. I also support legislation to fund research at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on firearms safety and gun violence prevention.

While addressing the gun violence epidemic unquestionably begins with commonsense gun reforms, it also involves treating the community roots of gun violence, including barriers to education and housing, as well as lack of economic opportunity. I am committed to addressing each of these root causes so that our communities are not only safer, but also released from the cycles of disinvestment and neglect that are associated with increased gun violence. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, https://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator
    same shit I got back he needs to go

(Blair County)

the last thing i got from him some of the bills he was for i never heard of . he is on the cutting edge of killing our rights . you never see him on tv i think he one of the most worthless people there . i bet he has never written his own bill

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Yeah, I got that response too and when I replied that Hunter Biden needed to go to jail, the mailer demon sent it back to me as undeliverable.
    HAHA. Nice response.

I got it too. STILL using the Sandy Hook kids for politics 9 years later. Shameful.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast