Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default Iowa Becomes 19th State to End Concealed Carry Permit Requirement

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...t-requirement/

On Friday Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds (R) signed legislation into law ending her state’s requirement that law-abiding citizens get a permit from the government before exercising the right to bear arms.

On March 18, 2021, Breitbart News reported constitutional carry legislation, House File 756, passed the Iowa House and was headed to the Senate.

On March 22, 2021, We Are Iowa noted H.F. 756 passed the Iowa Senate.

Gov. Reynolds signed H.F. 756 into law and it takes effect on July 1, 2021. Upon signing the law, Reynolds stressed H.R. 756 “protects the Second Amendment rights of Iowa’s law-abiding citizens while still preventing the sale of firearms to criminals and other dangerous individuals.”

Reynold’s signature makes Iowa the 19th state to end the requirement for law-abiding citizens to get a permit before carrying a gun for self-defense.

The other 18 states are: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Iowa Becomes 19th State to End Concealed Carry Permit Requirement

Absolutely awesome how that number is increasing.

Funny - why isn't crime disproportionately increasing in those states?

Excellent news. A bill to do the same thing is on the Governor's desk in TN waiting to be signed too.

No reason this shouldn't be the case here and everywhere. Let's keep turning up the pressure!
    I am not a lawyer.

(Allegheny County)

I agree with Buckengr. Pursue every legal means to make Constitutional carry the norm across our land; just as was intended by the Framers.
    The Bosun

I lived in Iowa for 5 years some time ago. Had to get a "Permit To Purchase" from the local LE and then you could buy a handgun. There was no CC allowed when I lived there and to see this come about is amazing.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(York County)

Every time I hear of another state with the fortitude and forthrightness to make Constitutional Carry the law...

I just remember - - - It was very important to some folks on this forum to get rid of Tom Corbett (over the PennState scandal), giving us Tom Wolf instead, rather than marching forward with Corbett and making a Constitutional Carry effort, that would have been signed by Tom Corbett...

Who would have thought that Komrade Wolf was more desirable to any 2A supporting citizen???...???

Six years ago, there was a real opportunity for Constitutional Carry, but this forum, and other local 2a groups, put up a pitiful effort...

Sometimes I just shake my head at the attitudes found among those claiming to be supporters of the Constitution...

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    Every time I hear of another state with the fortitude and forthrightness to make Constitutional Carry the law...

I just remember - - - It was very important to some folks on this forum to get rid of Tom Corbett (over the PennState scandal), giving us Tom Wolf instead, rather than marching forward with Corbett and making a Constitutional Carry effort, that would have been signed by Tom Corbett...

Who would have thought that Komrade Wolf was more desirable to any 2A supporting citizen???...???

Six years ago, there was a real opportunity for Constitutional Carry, but this forum, and other local 2a groups, put up a pitiful effort...

Sometimes I just shake my head at the attitudes found among those claiming to be supporters of the Constitution...

You think the people on this board elected Wolf?

(Wayne County)

Get rid of Wolf 2022.

Happy to see states doing pro 2A stuff. I'm planning on moving out of this dump known as PA. AZ signing into law to be a 2A sanctuary state, which is very appealing.