Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Anyone know what scope mount fits this rifle? Older Browning .270

Attached is a picture of my dad's Browning .270, made in Belgium (safari I think?). Anyways looking for a good 30mm scope mount for this rifle but it seems the mounting holes are a little different than normal? I'm not well versed in these things and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Just FYI it had an old Beuhler adjustable 1" base and mounts. Thanks!

Attachment 144453

Default Re: Anyone know what scope mount fits this rifle? Older Browning .270

Rifle is a Browning FN Belgian Mauser. They were factory drilled and tapped. Mounts shouldn't be too hard to find.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for that info, I figured someone would know. I'll take it to my local shop and see what they have.

If you have a base or mount already , 30mm rings should be relatively easy.

(Allegheny County)

Here's a picture of the mount I have. It's old like the rifle and I couldn't find this brand in 30mm online so kinda figured 1" was the standard back in the day?

Attachment 144462

(Elk County)

That's a postwar what kind of mount, class? Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

Yes, a Buehler adjustable mount made intentionally for non-adjustable scopes of the day. You could still use it with the windage centered and the elevation level and a 1" modern adjustable scope mounted for a "mid-century modern" look that's all the rage right now.

Or, as Abner mentioned, it is an FN Mauser and any gun shop should be able to fix you up with bases, and rings of a diameter and height to fit whatever scope you plan to use.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks Noah. I kinda figured I'd have to stick with a 1" scope - are they good mounts? I am looking at possibly mounting an athlon Midas on it for target shooting but not married to the idea.

(Wayne County)

Someone will make 30mm mounts for it. Try giving Talley or DNZ a call, they have lots.

(Elk County)

The adjustable Buehler mount was well built unit and a chief alternative to the Bausch and Lomb adjustable mount and scope system, along with mounts from Kollmorgen/Redfield and a new startup company called Leupold. When scope manufacturers introduced internally-adjustable scopes that were robust enough to tolerate recoil, adjustable mounts and non-adjustable scopes went by the wayside.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast