Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Control of Recoil

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I think putting your index finger on the trigger guard weakens your grip.
    I'm in this camp. Tried this style briefly and it didn't work well for me.

(Chester County)

Putting your index finger on the front of the guard can work good for you and Jerry Miculek advises it for the lightweight guns but the problem is when you add a light to the gun that option is no longer available so you have to train differently with the light attached. Keeping your thumbs out of the way is probably one of the harder things to master and every time I read about someone's Sig not locking on the last round I pretty much assume that they need to work on their grip.

Watch the whole video, it's a good one that I downloaded years ago but Jerry demonstrates finger on trigger guard at 11:30 in the video.

Last edited by JenniferG; April 3rd, 2021 at 04:09 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Washington County)

I think most people aren’t taking advantage of their support hand grip by placing more of the support hand palm against the grip so both hands are squeezing like you have pliers in each hand. This lets both hands do equal squeezing on the gun and better manages recoil. Also most seem to not be squeezing with both hands enough in general.

(Chester County)

Thanks guys for your opinion. After many years of hardcore workouts caused wrist, hands, injured shoulders, discs, legs etc. My doc doesn't know how I can still
    move and do Burpees and lots of plyo workouts. Here is the last workout that nailed me:

AGE 80. There are Vertical strength, like in a gym, I am Horizontal Power with rapid and speed and movements. I use the speed ladder for rapid foot movements. My grandson in 100 meters in school. I said I will lay down on my back facing him at 5 yards ahead and see who can be first to 25 yards. When he starts I'll twist over and beat him. I used plyo hands doing the speed ladder. Then I decided doing it using fists that did me in. I sprained and strained the forearms, biceps, shoulders, neck, lats etc. The doc said when you made a fist, you all ready tightened the ligaments and muscles teared them. I used to do 25 pullups, now I can do only 3.

Holding a pistol tight is painful.

(Bucks County)

Something like that but on the front of the trigger guard?

GUNS-WE030520-GEAR-RRR_03.jpg
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Chester County)

[QUOTE=carwash;4409410]Something like that but on the front of the trigger guard?

yes but flat.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I think most people aren*t taking advantage of their support hand grip by placing more of the support hand palm against the grip so both hands are squeezing like you have pliers in each hand. This lets both hands do equal squeezing on the gun and better manages recoil. Also most seem to not be squeezing with both hands enough in general.
    The problem is small hands and slips. Using MP 9mm 2.0 compact.

(Lehigh County)

I'm also 80 with small hands and bad eyes and have a variety of semi automatics ranging in size from a PPSM2 to a 1911. I personally think the handgun I shoot most accurately is a Gen 4 Glock 22. It has a large grip but it helps me get a big part of my left palm on it and keep it stable through trigger pull. I have a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for it and it shoots them fine with Glock 17 mags.
    NRA Life Member

(Chester County)

Bottom of the problem. Injury and sever arthritis in wrist and fingers.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post
    I'm also 80 with small hands and bad eyes and have a variety of semi automatics ranging in size from a PPSM2 to a 1911. I personally think the handgun I shoot most accurately is a Gen 4 Glock 22. It has a large grip but it helps me get a big part of my left palm on it and keep it stable through trigger pull. I have a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for it and it shoots them fine with Glock 17 mags.
    Does the trigger finger easily sets on the trigger. If I don't twist my wrist around, the index finger pushes against the trigger to drag against the trigger guard and won't shoot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast