Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Hill Dweller, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default S&W Model 27-2 w/Patridge Front Sight ca 1978-79

    Hey Guys, I know we're preoccupied with all that's going on in our Nation/World so I decided to post my S&W Model 27-2 with Patridge front sight ca 1978-89 just for a short change of pace.

    It's a pinned barrel with a recessed cylinder and I love the checkered top strap on these guns.









    Regards,

    4191775
    Last edited by 4191775; April 3rd, 2021 at 07:25 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Somewhere, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,843
    Rep Power
    21474852

    Default Re: S&W Model 27-2 w/Patridge Front Sight ca 1978-79

    Beautiful.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck. - Clint Smith

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Glockin, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    3,711
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: S&W Model 27-2 w/Patridge Front Sight ca 1978-79

    You can't beat the earlier S&W bluing.....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    1,064
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: S&W Model 27-2 w/Patridge Front Sight ca 1978-79

    I've never seen one with the partridge front sight.

    my 27-2 is my all time favorite handgun

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Hill Dweller, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: S&W Model 27-2 w/Patridge Front Sight ca 1978-79

    Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I've never seen one with the partridge front sight.

    my 27-2 is my all time favorite handgun
    Duke, I've seen them but not as much as the cerated front ramp sight, however, others I've talked to say just the opposite.

    To me, I was good with either since I've been looking for an example like this for a while.

    Thanks for looking,

    4191775
    Last edited by 4191775; April 2nd, 2021 at 06:42 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    5,567
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: S&W Model 27-2 w/Patridge Front Sight ca 1978-79

    Very nice

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Penn area, Pennsylvania
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,358
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: S&W Model 27-2 w/Patridge Front Sight ca 1978-79

    Nice! 6 or 6 1/2?

    Here's mine , 6 1/2 , sn# N373xx

    P1010005_07.JPG

    Got it in an estate collection I bought awhile ago. Haven't shot it , and have considered selling it a few times , but every time I look at that flawless polish and bluing , I change my mind. They just don't make 'em like this anymore!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Hill Dweller, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: S&W Model 27-2 w/Patridge Front Sight ca 1978-79

    Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Nice! 6 or 6 1/2?

    Here's mine , 6 1/2 , sn# N373xx

    P1010005_07.JPG

    Got it in an estate collection I bought awhile ago. Haven't shot it , and have considered selling it a few times , but every time I look at that flawless polish and bluing , I change my mind. They just don't make 'em like this anymore!
    Abner... Mine's a 6" and wow!!!!! your's is a beauty... If you don't have to sell that one, don't they're harder and harder to find and the $$$$ has no where to go but up.

    4191775
    Last edited by 4191775; April 5th, 2021 at 06:54 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    1,064
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: S&W Model 27-2 w/Patridge Front Sight ca 1978-79

    Quote Originally Posted by 4191775 View Post
    Duke, I've seen them but not as much as the cerated front ramp sight, however, others I've talked to say just the opposite.

    To me, I was good with either since I've been looking for an example like this for a while.

    Thanks for looking,

    4191775
    I've never fired a gun with a partridge sight. how do you like it ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stevens, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    11122912

    Default Re: S&W Model 27-2 w/Patridge Front Sight ca 1978-79

    Guys...Patridge front sight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 27th, 2016, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 25th, 2011, 12:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •