Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Bringing guns to my shore house in NJ

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    I have been told by NJ FFL's and a NJ resident FBI agent that I can own a handgun in my PA house, I can also own that handgun in my NJ home, and I can transport the handgun between the two using a locked case, unloaded, ammo separate, trunk of car, etc. Assuming its a legal NJ gun and mag and no hollow points. If I own two homes, it seems to me that when I am at my NJ home, I am at that point a resident of NJ and when I am at my PA home, I am a resident of PA. I pay taxes on my home in NJ so how is that not my residence? Yes, I have a PA DL and can not vote in NJ, but if I were at any point to decide that my move was permanent, which I could at any point, for a period of time I still would have a PA DL and could not vote. True? Or am I missing something?
    Who says you can't also vote in Jersey? If dead people can vote, illegal's can vote and others can vote multiple times, why not you?!
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Delaware County)

I have been told by NJ FFL's and a NJ resident FBI agent that I can own a handgun in my PA house, I can also own that handgun in my NJ home, and I can transport the handgun between the two using a locked case, unloaded, ammo separate, trunk of car, etc. Assuming its a legal NJ gun and mag and no hollow points. If I own two homes, it seems to me that when I am at my NJ home, I am at that point a resident of NJ and when I am at my PA home, I am a resident of PA. I pay taxes on my home in NJ so how is that not my residence? Yes, I have a PA DL and can not vote in NJ, but if I were at any point to decide that my move was permanent, which I could at any point, for a period of time I still would have a PA DL and could not vote. True? Or am I missing something?
    Who says you can't also vote in Jersey? If dead people can vote, illegal's can vote and others can vote multiple times, why not you?!

(Delaware County)

Who says you can't also vote in Jersey? If dead people can vote, illegal's can vote and others can vote multiple times in the same election, why not you?!

I wouldn't want to try to explain it to any NJ cop , local or state , should ya get pulled over with guns in your vehicle.

if I were at any point to decide that my move was permanent, which I could at any point, for a period of time I still would have a PA DL and could not vote. True? Or am I missing something?
    And AFAIK , you cannot hold 2 drivers licenses from 2 different states and you cannot live full-time in NJ and hold a PA D/L. Drivers license , as well as voters registration , must reflect current permanent residence. Permanent meaning the home you spend the most time at. IIRC , PA sez you must change addresses with PA-DOT within 15 days.

I know NJ residents who own homes in the Poconos , but still have NJ permanent addresses and D/L's.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

The above is basically correct.

Yes you are a dual state resident. As soon as you own homes in more than one state you are by definition a part time resident of all the states you own homes in.

You are confusing 'resident of a state' with 'state of domicile'. You can be a resident of many states, but you can only have one state of domicile. Your state of domicile is determined by a number of factors that may vary by state, and does not rely solely on your DL. Usually the most important effect of your state of domicile is on your income taxes.

I am a resident of both NJ and PA. My state of domicile is NJ and I have a NJ DL. I own, purchase and transport firearms in and between both states. I vote in NJ. (Pointless as it is.)
    Last edited by 45Doll; April 2nd, 2021 at 10:15 AM.
    "You gotta be alive to get paid."

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    And AFAIK , you cannot hold 2 drivers licenses from 2 different states and ...

Once upon a time, I did, both PA and FLA, but my FLA DL was an IN STATE DL, and was a CDL (actually, a Chauffeur license at the time).

Florida changed it's rule, and both licenses had to match, so I surrendered the PA license since I was living in FLA at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123