Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Delaware new mag capcity

Quote Originally Posted by firebird.77 View Post
    First of all- do not concede or comply

Secondly, if one were to limit capacity on a magazine the same way one would plug a shotgun, wouldn*t this meet the requirements of the oppressors? Probably not...I suppose.
    No. Not likely.

From the product info in the above link... (bold is mine)

We then insert a block inside the spring to limit capacity to 15 rounds without impacting the spring rate, preserving function and reliability. The floorplates are then attached using an ultrasonic welder and a toughened adhesive designed to withstand heat and shock, preventing disassembly and reversal of the modification.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Butler County)

Don't modify shit, and tell Delaware:
    -Brandon

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Never heard of a 15 rd AR mag

5, 10, 20, and 30 are the norm.
    Buy a P-Touch label maker....mark them 450 Bushmaster or .500 Beowolf, you just made them 10 round mags !

(York County)

I've always been...what is the right expression? Bemused, Annoyed? by magazine limit attempts. So how does this make a gun less likely to be used in the commision of a crime? Or better yet, how many people's lives does it save?

A friend was spouting the magazine limit nonsense one time to me saying we should limit civilians to ten round capacity. I hit back sarcasticly saying "well are you saying the first ten people don't matter?"

Murder is murder. The idea that somehow a weapon is made more safe with less capacity is just nonsense. More of the poor logic of progressive thinking that reduces complex issues of crime to sound bites and political points on a scorecard of left vs. right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    I've always been...what is the right expression? Bemused, Annoyed? by magazine limit attempts. So how does this make a gun less likely to be used in the commision of a crime? Or better yet, how many people's lives does it save?

A friend was spouting the magazine limit nonsense one time to me saying we should limit civilians to ten round capacity. I hit back sarcasticly saying "well are you saying the first ten people don't matter?"

Murder is murder. The idea that somehow a weapon is made more safe with less capacity is just nonsense. More of the poor logic of progressive thinking that reduces complex issues of crime to sound bites and political points on a scorecard of left vs. right.
    I do get the basic logic, but it only possibly applies in the rare mass shooting event. (And they are rare despite what the media and some politicians want you to think). If someone uses a 10 round mag and is not well practiced changing mags they have to stop, take a couple of seconds to drop one mag and load another in, charge the rifle before resuming. That time does give a potential victim time to run, hide, attack or if they have a concealed weapon of their own to fire back. Having to stop and do this every 10 rounds vs every 30 rounds can be beneficial for potential victims.

But it quickly gets into the slippery slope area.

1. 10 is an arbitrary number and if the antis were to get 10 then why not 5, why not just 1 round where a rare mass shooter has to reload every time. You know they will just keep pushing and pushing which is why *not one inch* applies.

2. It should not be up to the government to tell any citizen what capacity they need or don*t need. If a criminal/criminal breaks into your house It would greatly benefit them if you have to change out after every 5, 10 rounds if a worst case scenario arises.

3. To bolster point #2, will the police and government limit the capacity of their magazines? Of course not. Why? Because there can be the odd situation that arises where they need higher capacity magazines. If the odd situation can arise for the police it can arise for citizens.

4. Criminals by their nature do not follow laws. If you limit magazines for citizens, it automatically puts them at a disadvantage to criminals who do not follow the law. Why should criminals have access to higher capacity magazines than a law abiding citizen has.

5. Magazine limits in reality are about control not safety.

6. Seriously, most here know that rifles and high capacity magazines play a small role in overall gun deaths. Mass shooting where large magazines come into play are extremely rare in reality, but get a lot of play time in the news making them seem more prevalent than they are. They actions of the rare scumbag should not be a reason to take rights away from everyone else.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post

Passed the Senate.
    House will be a "chip shot" for the anti's.
    No help anticipated from our Cuomo-wannabe governor.
    Time to bail out.

Now the anti's know they have the votes in DE to do whatever they want.

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    Passed the Senate.
    House will be a "chip shot" for the anti's.
    No help anticipated from our Cuomo-wannabe governor.
    Time to bail out.

Now the anti's know they have the votes in DE to do whatever they want.

Yes, both bills passed the Senate and headed to the House.

Senate Bill 3 would require anyone who wants to buy a handgun to first undergo a training course and apply for a permit. Currently, only those who carry concealed weapons in Delaware are required to get training and a permit.
    “It ensures that handgun owners will have undergone firearm training courses to reduce the number of accidental shootings, suicides, and gun deaths,” said the bill’s prime sponsor, Sen. Tizzy Lockman. “That will keep everyone that much safer.”

Lawmakers also approved Senate Bill 6, which makes magazines that hold more than 17 rounds illegal. Again, Ennis was the lone Democrat to vote no.
    “Magazines capable of feeding 30, 40, 50, or 100 rounds of ammunition into weapons are a common thread among mass shooters in the United States,” said bill sponsor Sen. David Sokola. “The more bullets one can fire, the more death and injury one can cause.”

Gov. John Carney has previously expressed support for the measures, as well.
    The bills now move to the House.

https://whyy.org/articles/delaware-s...-magazine-ban/

Lucky for me my father in law and mother in law live in PA. They will likely be getting those ar mags. I hope anyone from delaware calls the AG everytime someone is killed and in the paper it mentions a high cap mag and says "I am tired of this propaganda. That person did not die. Hi cap mags are not legal"

Sadly there is a race issue that does not want to be discussed and until we focus on who is committing crimes and not just the why ( often blaming slavery and segregation) gun crime will stay or get worse. I mean hell look at Philly they had a black mayor ( nutter) and black DA ( willams who got busted) and they were both tougher on crime than the "white" mayor and DA.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

After DE is lost, PA is the next target. The virus has arrived and is spreading.

Those NY tags are starting to spread out of the Poconos and down 78. The Collar Counties are lost. Philly can manufacture as many votes as they need to hold the Governor's office, and PA courts are solidly leftist.

Your Legislative GOP majority is effectively nullified. That's why I am not wasting time leaving DE for PA.

The state I call home is almost as lost to me as DE. My perception is based in no small part on the mask compliance I see in Schuylkill County.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast