Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Marlin XT 22 Boyds stock

So I recently acquired a used Marlin XT 22 in 22lr with heavy barrel, rifle looks unfired and brand spanking new. I threw on a cheap $100 CenterPoint scope - great quality and clarity of which, deserves its own thread - and was pretty impressed. Put few hundred rounds thru it @ 50 yds and walked away realizing that it outshoots my ability. Anyway, decided to pamper it and went to boyds to replace the unseemly and unworthy synthetic stock. On their website, they offer xt-22 and xt series options, with each having 2 subcategories. Most of them are for tube fed rifles, and one is for clip fed, the other for magazine fed with bull barrel. I emailed Boyds with rifle details and received a somewhat generic response, pointing me to a tube fed option. I replied that I have a magazine in mine and minutes later was told that they dont offer stocks for my rifle. I'm not sure if heavy barrel = bull barrel and was hoping someone here has some experience with a Marlin xt 22 in 22lr.

This was part rant part inquiry... Sorry for that.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Marlin XT 22 Boyds stock

In general usage a bull barrel is a heavy barrel, so it would seem the mag fed with bull barrel would be the closest match. Do you have the original box, with the complete model number and all descriptors on it. Get this info to Boyd's and see what they say. A picture would probably be helpful as well.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Marlin XT 22 Boyds stock

I dont want to email them again after very little fucks were given at helping me give them my dollars so I'll try calling them. But thanks for clarifying