And this is what i found:
Stop #1 - Tanner's. It was #1 for a reason. I was on a quest for a subcompact hammer fired pistol (see my post on pistols and the Beretta storm). They didn't really have much that fit the bill. Some compact pistols. But nothing smaller. While i was there i grabbed a box of s&b 9mm and 2 boxes of pmc 62 grain xtac. Best prices out of all of the stores i went to. That isn't too say good prices. But better than online. I bought the limit which was the single box of 9mm and 2 of the 5.56.

Used guns were limited. Even new guns were limited. But still a lot to pick from.

Stop #2 - Johnston's sporting goods. This one used to be part of the auto shop across the street (which is now a restaurant). They had lots of ammo. Some brands i had never heard of. Some i had. In the popular calibers, it was all stuff I hadn't. So no ammo purchased. Still a decent selection for such a small store.

Some first time buyers. I looked around. But nothing called out to me. This store used to have some really interesting oddball stuff way back in the day. Still a good shop to check out.

Stop #3 - Mike's guns. There were maybe 10 guns in the store. Last time I was there, they had a lot more in stock. So obviously they sold it.

I always felt like that store was mostly focused on military surplus and hunting rifles.

They did have a Ruger 5-7. But that was about all i could really note.

Nothing purchased.

Stop #4 - surplus city. I got there as they opened. There was a line. Very few guns in the store compared to when i was there last (which admittedly was a while ago).

I was a little sad that they kind of cleaned the store up and gave it more of a respectable vibe than the dingy boy's club it used to be.

They did have some rifles and shotguns. But no subcompacts. Not much actual surplus. Just a few used 38 revolvers.

I picked up a box of pmc 38 special, federal 9mm, and 2 more boxes of pmc xtac. I can't remember who made the 38. Ammo was a little more pricey than Tanner's. But they had it on the shelf and all was name brand.

Stop #5 - auger precision. This was the only store i had never been to. So glad I stopped. They have a ton of AR parts in stock for building. They had a pretty decent gun selection. Especially for a store of their size. I saw the Beretta storm subcompact there. Price was probably msrp. For a subcompact in this environment, I'll take it.

Not much in the way of ammo to be had. But i did score a box of hornady critical defense 115 grain. Not cheap. Over a dollar a round.

I'll definitely be going back there. It is close to home and right around the corner from Johnston's. So it is a 2 for one sort of deal.

-Zach