Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Gen5 G19 Backstraps Question

I got one used last year sans backstraps. While my hands aren’t huge, (I wear size large gloves) I think I could benefit from a longer LOP. My trigger finger naturally rests on the second pad between the first and second knuckle joint instead of the first. I have to adjust my grip to not shoot to the left.

I don’t know if I would like the beavertail straps. Slide bite is not an issue but I’d like to try them out also to see how they feel.

Of the ones I saw for sale, some say Gen4, some say Gen5, some say Gen4/5. Is there any difference between Gen4 and 5, or are they interchangeable? Does anybody run the beavertails on yours?
    Last edited by RockIsland; March 27th, 2021 at 10:21 AM.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Gen5 G19 Backstraps Question

I don't know the answer, but call Glock and mention you lost the backstraps. Don't necessarily mention you bought it used. May they will send them out, they really should be just a few dollars at cost.

(Lancaster County)

^
    This might work.
    You could post a WTB add in the classifieds here, I know some people don't use the additional backstraps.
    You can also buy the kit for around 20 bucks. It includes 4 backstraps. 2x Medium one with beavertail and one with out. 2x Large one with beavertail and one without.

(Bucks County)

Finding them isn’t a problem, they seem to be cheap and plentiful. Being new to Glocks and seeing some conflicting information on the interwebz, I just wanted to know if there are any differences between the Gen4 & 5.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx