Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Weekend trip, firearm transportation into MD?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    If you will be going to see your bother often can you not take the MD qualification class to get a permit to carry there?
    We don't go a lot probably a few times a year. I did look into it and from what I read it's not currently an option for out of state residents due to Covid. Once that opens back up I'll probably end up making some time to take the qualification test and get my out of state license there.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    What's the point of carrying anywhere then?

Obviously it's clear it's not legal and he's not doing it, but what's wrong with having the desire to and double checking? Reminds me of when I got chastised on Northeast Shooters forum for asking if I could bring an unloaded 'non-assault' rifle into Massachusetts while I was going to be there for a work trip. It was very apparent I was speaking with a bunch of sheep, even though they were the most conservative gun owning sheep that state had to offer.
    That was my thought when I read his post earlier in the thread too. For the record I left it home in my safe and everything was fine. What sucks is 80% of the trip is in PA so I have to leave my gun home just because I'm entering an anti-gun state for literally less than a day.

As to the why I asked is because we do like to stop at places. On the return trip we opted to take a stop break at the Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg - First time in there. That is more a scenario where it would have been nice to have. Interestingly when entering their store I found it funny they had a sign posted that said please check your firearms at the service center.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    We don't go a lot probably a few times a year. I did look into it and from what I read it's not currently an option for out of state residents due to Covid. Once that opens back up I'll probably end up making some time to take the qualification test and get my out of state license there.

That was my thought when I read his post earlier in the thread too. For the record I left it home in my safe and everything was fine. What sucks is 80% of the trip is in PA so I have to leave my gun home just because I'm entering an anti-gun state for literally less than a day.

As to the why I asked is because we do like to stop at places. On the return trip we opted to take a stop break at the Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg - First time in there. That is more a scenario where it would have been nice to have. Interestingly when entering their store I found it funny they had a sign posted that said please check your firearms at the service center.
    That sign is for if you bring in a firearm to get a scope mounted, or if it needs to be serviced etc. - doesn't apply to holstered firearms. A lot of gun shops have signs saying to keep it holstered unless needed - not to take it out point it at the sales guy and ask if he has night sights for this model

Someone posted awhile back that they used to bury their handgun in a shopping bag at the PA/MD border when they needed to go there. That's how dumb not having national reciprocity is.

When traveling through MD under FOPA and I need to unload before and load up after I'm also always reminded of the need for reciprocity (not that it wasn't obvious already).

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    It all depends. Are you going into the New Orleans area at 0300 or to Grandma's in Hagerstown Md. on a Sunday afternoon?
    Long odds often come in when least expected. Just today, in a very nearby community to me, a man shot his wife in a trailer park, where surely, at least several grandmothers live. Your own intent does nothing to change the intersection with someone else's bad day.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

The title alone is enough information for me.

I was born in that god forsaken hell hole and I am not welcomed back there.

You inquire about transporting a handgun through the territory of Maryland. I mean this in all seriousness, and with all respect- in concern for your safety and legal well being as an American and as a gun owner.

You are leaving what I perceive to be the United States the second you cross the Mason-Dixon line. You are leaving the country. YOUR RIGHTS end at that border. PERIOD!

You will be arrested, persecuted, tried, humiliated and made an example of- even if you are protected under federal law. They will take everything from you like the territory of New Jersey tried to do to Shaneen Allen.

Let me repeat that- You may be OK under federal transportation laws, but the rogue territory of Maryland gives not one single fuck about you or the federal government's 'rules'.

You can risk getting through Maryland or conducting business in Maryland- but it is not worth the headache. Get caught and you are going to jail. Period. That is my knowledge of their crooked system, unless someone corrects me otherwise linking a source to their laws, which they may or may not choose to enforce in the first place.

I'll probably end up making some time to take the qualification test and get my out of state license there.
    You will be denied. Your rights END at the Mason Dixon line. They care not for your right to keep and bear arms. You need a demonstratable 'need' to carry a gun there, and a credible threat to your life. I am sorry to be a party pooper but that is the reality we face with those traitors to the south of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike
    If you will be going to see your bother often can you not take the MD qualification class to get a permit to carry there?
    That is not demonstratable need to carry a firearm in the rogue territory. He will be denied with that 'excuse'.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf
    but what's wrong with having the desire to and double checking?
    Absolutely nothing

Stay FAR. FAR AWAY from the rogue territory.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    The title alone is enough information for me.

I was born in that god forsaken hell hole and I am not welcomed back there.

You inquire about transporting a handgun through the territory of Maryland. I mean this in all seriousness, and with all respect- in concern for your safety and legal well being as an American and as a gun owner.

You are leaving what I perceive to be the United States the second you cross the Mason-Dixon line. You are leaving the country. YOUR RIGHTS end at that border. PERIOD!

You will be arrested, persecuted, tried, humiliated and made an example of- even if you are protected under federal law. They will take everything from you like the territory of New Jersey tried to do to Shaneen Allen.

Let me repeat that- You may be OK under federal transportation laws, but the rogue territory of Maryland gives not one single fuck about you or the federal government's 'rules'.

You can risk getting through Maryland or conducting business in Maryland- but it is not worth the headache. Get caught and you are going to jail. Period. That is my knowledge of their crooked system, unless someone corrects me otherwise linking a source to their laws, which they may or may not choose to enforce in the first place.

You will be denied. Your rights END at the Mason Dixon line. They care not for your right to keep and bear arms. You need a demonstratable 'need' to carry a gun there, and a credible threat to your life. I am sorry to be a party pooper but that is the reality we face with those traitors to the south of us.

That is not demonstratable need to carry a firearm in the rogue territory. He will be denied with that 'excuse'.

Absolutely nothing

Stay FAR. FAR AWAY from the rogue territory.
    You are seriously mis-stating the situation to the extreme. Yes, it's possible that a problem could arise even if traveling through under FOPA protection (which is NOT the question that was asked), but it's also possible to legally pass through and go on to whatever your final destination is.

I've done it at least 100 times.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234