Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Weekend trip, firearm transportation into MD?

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    They do NOT come up automatically in PA. Drivers Licenses and vehicle registrations are not tied to LTCF in any database.

However, dispatch/911 centers may offer them that info from time to time. I've heard "advisories" of LTCF status on the scanner a few times.
    This.... I monitor Delaware County's callcenter and relaying LTCF information, to local LEO's, is part of their SOP.

Last edited by 4191775; March 28th, 2021 at 10:41 AM.

If you want to go deeper and wider into "gun rights" in the Peoples Republic of Maryland the Maryland Shooters forums ( https://www.mdshooters.com/ ) have many such rat holes available. ;-) Not looking to plug another forum but these folks deal with MD absurdities day in and day out.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Domer Dad View Post
    If you want to go deeper and wider into "gun rights" in the Peoples Republic of Maryland the Maryland Shooters forums ( https://www.mdshooters.com/ ) have many such rat holes available. ;-) Not looking to plug another forum but these folks deal with MD absurdities day in and day out.
    Agree. They are a legit and valuable resource.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(York County)

If you will be going to see your bother often can you not take the MD qualification class to get a permit to carry there?

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Domer Dad View Post
    I realistically assume that this site is being watched for “extremists” and we are all likely on THE LIST, but man o man, a Maryland based site is probably just a giant entrapment carrot

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    I realistically assume that this site is being watched for *extremists* and we are all likely on THE LIST, but man o man, a Maryland based site is probably just a giant entrapment carrot
    They've been around as long as this site has, and I've browsed (and sometimes participated) there for just as long. They too have a core group dedicated to preserving and expanding their rights in MD, despite the same likely infiltration and surveillance that happens here. If you're comfortable posting here, you should be comfortable posting there.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

DO NOT cross into MD with a firearm unless you're going straight through to a free state and complying with FOPA, and you're still at risk for getting stopped and having a bad day.

Going to your brother's with it won't comply with FOPA and you're in for some huge trouble and possibly becoming a prohibited person for the rest of your life.

Sad circumstances, but that's what they've voted for down there.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    What's the point? Just leave your firearm at home and be done with it. I'm sure you chances of getting into Maryland and back out again unscathed are pretty good.
    What's the point of carrying anywhere then?

Obviously it's clear it's not legal and he's not doing it, but what's wrong with having the desire to and double checking? Reminds me of when I got chastised on Northeast Shooters forum for asking if I could bring an unloaded 'non-assault' rifle into Massachusetts while I was going to be there for a work trip. It was very apparent I was speaking with a bunch of sheep, even though they were the most conservative gun owning sheep that state had to offer.

Don't bring a handgun with you to your brother's place in the Peoples Republic -- that's the clear and only message you you should hear. The rest of the discussions here get into the nuances of the law and how you could get around it and the risks of such maneuvers. Leave the HAND GUN at home is what the law intends for you to do.

If you want to have a self defense weapon available during your stay explore bringing a long gun. Plenty of viable, MD compliant options. And since carrying your hand gun outside your brother's home is off the table a long gun is not that big of a compromise. Of course there are restrictions to transporting long guns and many long guns are banned in the Peoples Republic.

I am not a lawyer and this is not advice -- legal or otherwise. Do your own research and make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    What's the point of carrying anywhere then?

Obviously it's clear it's not legal and he's not doing it, but what's wrong with having the desire to and double checking? Reminds me of when I got chastised on Northeast Shooters forum for asking if I could bring an unloaded 'non-assault' rifle into Massachusetts while I was going to be there for a work trip. It was very apparent I was speaking with a bunch of sheep, even though they were the most conservative gun owning sheep that state had to offer.
    It all depends. Are you going into the New Orleans area at 0300 or to Grandma's in Hagerstown Md. on a Sunday afternoon?
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast