Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Exclamation Hacker dumps Guns.com database with customers, admin data

Full read--https://www.hackread.com/hacker-dumps-guns-com-database-customers-admin-data/

As the domain name indicates, Guns.com is a major Minnesota, US-based platform to buy and sell guns online. It is also home to news and updates for gun owners and enthusiasts around the world. However, on March 9th, 2021, a database apparently belonging to Guns.com was dumped on an infamous hacker forum.

The actor behind the data dump claimed that it includes a complete database of Guns.com along with its source code. They further added that the breach took place somewhere around the end of 2020 and the data was sold privately meaning on Telegram channels or dark web marketplaces.

What data has been leaked?
    According to Hackread.com’s analysis, the data contains highly sensitive information of Guns.com’s administrators and customers including:

• User IDs
    • Full names
    • Almost 400,000 email addresses
    • Password hashes
    • Physical addresses
    • Zipcodes
    • City
    • State
    • Magneto IDs
    • Phone numbers
    • Account creation date

One of the folders in the leaked database includes customers’ bank account details including:

• Full name
    • Bank name
    • Account type
    • Dwolla IDs
    However, credit card numbers or VCC numbers were not leaked.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Hacker dumps Guns.com database with customers, admin data

Swell. I cant remember if I have an account there or not. I remember I was gonna buy a gun there, but never did...dont recall how far I went though

(York County)

This is another example of the consequences of having no concern for one's own privacy. The fact that every business wants YOUR DATA but puts very little effort into PROTECTING YOUR DATA is a sign of the general societal disrespect for privacy. The popularity of the Anti-Social-Media platforms, where people post the most mundane to the most intimate details of their lives, illustrates the voyeuristic nature of our society, where popularity is garnered by exposing yourself.

The fact that MOST BUSINESSES are incapable of protecting your data from hackers should lead to a public demand that all personal data be deleted after 60-days or 30-days after completion of the transaction, whichever is longer. It should also lead buyers to carefully select their vendors.

Without vendors increasing their efforts at protecting your data, this will happen more and more, as hackers are seldom punished to a level that discourages others from such actions.

Last edited by ImminentDanger; March 26th, 2021 at 05:14 PM.

I get their emails but never ordered anything or inputted card data.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Guess i better put a call in to my CC company/bank. Thanks for the heads up. Cant remember what i ordered from them but i do remember ordering something in the past 6 mo