Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Default Re: June 7 2021 Harrisburg 2A Rally

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Covid? That bullshit still lingers and complicates things.

It's all about the timing for sure.
    Why do democrats always use mass killings as a springboard for gun control? Because it's "right there", fresh in people's minds - in two weeks, the fear and anger have dissipated, and the momentum is gone.

I don't think there's any ONE reason for low turnout, but a whole bunch of little reasons rolled up into one.

Hell, on this very forum (the one that some are apparently viewing as "the source of all activism"), the banner at the top was never updated at all.
    Every year, people bitch that it needs to be shown sooner so people know about it, and can plan to attend - "not the week before the event".
    This year the important, highlighted issue seems to be that "firing pins" are "Firearms" per the classified rules.
    I really think a lot of people still assume the Capitol is still closed too...or just won't want to deal with Wolf's BS.

My State Rep told me LAST rally in September that the Capitol building was open the whole time...that was a very different message from Wolf and Company who wouldn't even step foot in the place for a good year.

I read an article where they asked that beta male Adam Garber from Ceasefire why the attendance is low and he said "It's obviously because the gun lobby is weakening". You fool...have you seen gun and ammo sales? Have you seen the number of States passing Constitutional Carry? We're up to half of the states now...the gun lobby is very strong right now. It had nothing to do with the attendance yesterday.

Excuses and or laziness does. (Not personally directed at anyone here who missed it, a general statement about all Pennsylvanians)

We have some great opportunities in the form of current bills in the PA House right now...we need to get them done whether we're afraid of Wolf's pen or not.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Im going to make a serious effort to come to the next one, rain or shine. With the pup having health issues and the heat, yesterday would have been tough on her and I in the sun (shes overheating really quickly and not eating right, still dont know whats going on )

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Im going to make a serious effort to come to the next one, rain or shine. With the pup having health issues and the heat, yesterday would have been tough on her and I in the sun (shes overheating really quickly and not eating right, still dont know whats going on )
    Are you one of those jerks that has to bring your dog with you everywhere you go?

Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Are you one of those jerks that has to bring your dog with you everywhere you go?

Jerk? No...asshole, fuckin-A right life of a mali-gator service dog owner lol

Shes got her own matching battle rattle since i cant physically carry a pack right now from the neck surgery in december, shes my camel

Mine has a short nose so he likely would have died yesterday...but here's your backup.

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    So I already posted this response but deleted it somehow...

I think you are exactly right. There was basically zero visible effort to advertise/promote this rally. If I didn't already know about it I never would have heard about it this year. I had to specifically seek out info to know if it was even happening this year.
    I am not aware of any Facebook events/pages. FOAC's calendar has it scheduled at 11:30. The pa2arally website is minimally updated.

Most glaring to me is that I am on FOAC and GOA email lists and I have zero emails about this rally. Why are orgs with big email lists not promoting this?

I also think a lot of people (me included) are turned off by the last minute cancellation of last year's rally. That killed any chance of anyone coming who has to make extensive plans. The 80% fiasco didn't help either.

I'm open for ideas on how to fix the promotion issues. I think a centralized way to organize things like transportation and a well done website with info about how to promote the rally would help with getting the little guys like me involved with advertising/organizing groups/etc. Thoughts?

I'll emphasize again: I am interested in 2a advocacy, and I did not see this rally mentioned ANYWHERE except here. That's why attendance is low.
    The Lehigh Valley Tea Party and the Eastern PA Firearms Committee chose to not attend this year's rally because it failed to focus on the most important issue that we face right now, making PA a 2A Sanctuary State (HB 357). What's more important than protecting us from Federal overreach? Any day the Biden administration can unlawfully ban AR15's. What tools do we have (short of violence) to defend ourselves?

HB 357 says:
    a) General rule.--A Federal law, rule, regulation or order created or taking effect after December 31, 2016, shall be unenforceable within the borders of this Commonwealth if the law, rule, regulation or order attempts to register, restrict or ban the ownership or purchase of a firearm, magazine of a firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition.(b) Penalty.--An official, agent or employee of the Federal Government, the Commonwealth or a political subdivision who enforces or attempts to enforce a Federal law under subsection (a) commits a felony of the third degree and, upon conviction, shall be subject to imprisonment for not less than one year or more than seven years, a fine of not more than $15,000, or both.

We need a veto-proof majority to get this bill passed, but I think that is possible considering the number of D's in republican districts.

Neither Metcalfe nor Stolfer responded to our multiple requests for a change to the agenda to focus on and promote HB357.

Also, this was a truly half-hearted attempt to rally. The official rally website had info from last year. The official rally Facebook page had no visible mention of.... wait for it.... the rally. You had to scroll back to a March 2021 post to find the flyer. So, if these guys don't give a fuck enough to even update the website and Facebook page, and if they are ignoring the one bill that we need most, Sanctuary State, why would we bother to go and wave some flags? What were we supposed to accomplish?

What I know is this. If you hold a rally with no clear purpose and if you then fail to promote it, you'll get about 200 people statewide, to attend.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    The Lehigh Valley Tea Party and the Eastern PA Firearms Committee chose to not attend this year's rally because it failed to focus on the most important issue that we face right now, making PA a 2A Sanctuary State (HB 357). What's more important than protecting us from Federal overreach? Any day the Biden administration can unlawfully ban AR15's. What tools do we have (short of violence) to defend ourselves?

HB 357 says:
    a) General rule.--A Federal law, rule, regulation or order created or taking effect after December 31, 2016, shall be unenforceable within the borders of this Commonwealth if the law, rule, regulation or order attempts to register, restrict or ban the ownership or purchase of a firearm, magazine of a firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition.(b) Penalty.--An official, agent or employee of the Federal Government, the Commonwealth or a political subdivision who enforces or attempts to enforce a Federal law under subsection (a) commits a felony of the third degree and, upon conviction, shall be subject to imprisonment for not less than one year or more than seven years, a fine of not more than $15,000, or both.

We need a veto-proof majority to get this bill passed, but I think that is possible considering the number of D's in republican districts.

Neither Metcalfe nor Stolfer responded to our multiple requests for a change to the agenda to focus on and promote HB357.

Also, this was a truly half-hearted attempt to rally. The official rally website had info from last year. The official rally Facebook page had no visible mention of.... wait for it.... the rally. You had to scroll back to a March 2021 post to find the flyer. So, if these guys don't give a fuck enough to even update the website and Facebook page, and if they are ignoring the one bill that we need most, Sanctuary State, why would we bother to go and wave some flags? What were we supposed to accomplish?

What I know is this. If you hold a rally with no clear purpose and if you then fail to promote it, you'll get about 200 people statewide, to attend.
    Well said; thank you.

I was there. Metcalfe and the other speakers did mention it...along with Constitutional Carry, removing sales tax from firearms and a few other bills they're trying to push through. We actually do have a lot of good pro-gun allies holding elected offices and progress happening despite the all-out assault on us from the Democrat Party.

Making enemies out of our supporters in Harrisburg isn't a great plan to get ANYTHING done. Keep in mind who the real threat is.

If you're not happy with them, turn up the heat, don't take your ball and go home. Yesterday was a chance to actually talk to them face-to-face to get your point across.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Mine has a short nose so he likely would have died yesterday...but here's your backup.

She would’ve been like “fuck you and the rally, im going to play with the other pup!” Lol

Im trying to figure out a way to add a crossdraw holster to her harness so she can join in on the OC fun and i have a back up pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post

She would*ve been like *fuck you and the rally, im going to play with the other pup!* Lol

Im trying to figure out a way to add a crossdraw holster to her harness so she can join in on the OC fun and i have a back up pistol
    My wife has a CC purse that she doesn't use as a CC purse because that's a stupid way to lose your gun. It had a Velcro holster that I took out and slapped on the side of his harness. Worked great with an LCP.

I wouldn't let him carry that one loaded though, no safety and has a lightened trigger pull.

He mainly just totes Milkbones and poopy bags in his pouch.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast