Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Juniata County)

Exclamation GOA action alert 19 March

https://oneclickpolitics.global.ssl....promo_id=11921

Your freedoms are on the line.
    The 50-50 Senate majority will hold its first hearing on gun control in just a few days.
    On the list of anti-gun legislation for the Senate to consider are:
    H.R. 8 - Requires background checks for EVERY “transfer” (NOT just sale) of a firearm

H.R. 1446 - could INDEFINITELY delay the sale of a firearm

Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - Dianne Feinstein’s ban on 205 so-called “assault weapons”
    With the Senate majority locked at 50-50, your letter to your Senator today could mean the difference between saving and shredding the Second Amendment.
    Please add your name to our pre-written letter to your two Senators urging them to VOTE NO on any and all gun grabs proposed by the Senate.
    ADD YOUR NAME

During the upcoming hearing, we can fully expect anti-gun Senators to bring up misleading statistics about gun deaths to shamefully prey upon Americans’ fears to try and justify taking away our God-given rights.
    Unfortunately, this type of emotional warfare can work on weak-kneed Senators.
    That’s why it’s so important for Senators to hear from voters like YOU and remind them that there will be hell to pay if they betray their oath to uphold the Second Amendment.
    We cannot forget what’s at stake…
    If enforced to the letter, H.R. 8 could put millions of gun owners in prison by outlawing the transfer of any firearm without a proper Brady Check.
    And if you’re wondering what the word “transfer” means, handing your gun to a neighbor for as little as even one second counts as a “transfer.”
    For example, if you hand (or “transfer”) a firearm to your son-in-law because you hear a noise in your house in the middle of the night -- and it turns out to be a false alarm -- you’re a criminal.
    Furthermore, every gun buyer’s name will be run through a government database -- with a hard copy of the background check as well as in the 4473 form.
    All of this provides the registration necessary for enforcing the “assault weapons” ban Feinstein is drooling over.
    But we cannot wait until the hearing next week to take action. We need to start bombarding our Senators RIGHT NOW to ensure they don’t even lay a finger on our 2A rights.
    Please add your name to our pre-written letter to your two Senators urging them to VOTE NO on any and all gun grabs proposed by the Senate.
    In Liberty,
    Erich Pratt
    Senior Vice President
    Gun Owners of America
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: GOA action alert 19 March

The question that's never asked.

What would our nation's gun violence death rate be if gun violence by convicted felons and gun violence associated with gangs and drug dealing were filtered out of the overall data?

IME, we'd probably be at a per capita level with Japan, Germany, Australia and any of the other western democracies that have enacted gun legislation that is far more strict than what we have here in America. Unfortunately, none of the LE databases (FBI UCR, etc.) are even complete because the data submitted by local law enforcement is voluntary and even when it is, many critical details are missing.

Point is, a rational argument will never be undertaken unless something is done to actually make the UCR useful. It thus lends itself to obfuscating the facts, which is exactly what anti-gun proponents build their argument upon.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post

What would our nation's gun violence death rate be if gun violence by convicted felons and gun violence associated with gangs and drug dealing were filtered out of the overall data?

IME, we'd probably be at a per capita level with Japan, Germany, Australia and any of the other western democracies that have enacted gun legislation that is far more strict than what we have here in America. Unfortunately, none of the LE databases (FBI UCR, etc.) are even complete because the data submitted by local law enforcement is voluntary and even when it is, many critical details are missing.

Point is, a rational argument will never be undertaken unless something is done to actually make the UCR useful. It thus lends itself to obfuscating the facts, which is exactly what anti-gun proponents build their argument upon.

Never heard that point made. It is a good one.

Might have to start adding it to my questions to
    My elected critters.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Cumberland County)

Done, & thank you G.O.A.

(Lancaster County)

done and donated as well

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post

It gets asked or thought of by people, but no one ever answers it.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(McKean County)

Bet PA gets 2 'Yea' votes..... [DISMAY]
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJRMarty View Post
    Bet PA gets 2 'Yea' votes..... [DISMAY]
    One for sure, but the other isn't guaranteed

My house rep emailed me back that it is pretty much her duty to pass any 'gun safety' legislation, and both of my US senators are vehemently anti-gun. Not dick durbin anti-gun, but anti nonetheless. I can register my disapproval and statement of non-compliance, but it isn't going to change their minds. They are part of the cabal. Detroit has ensured that it sends progressives to the legislature. (completed).

But what IS effective is giving Gun Owners of America some fighting cash. Sad money has to work that way.