Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default State Rep. Jeff Pyle retires for health reasons--another (R) of course!

Nine-term state Rep. Jeff Pyle, R-Ford City, retired Tuesday because of health issues.

Pyle, 56, is in his second round of battling cancer. He first was diagnosed with kidney cancer less than two months into his first term as a state representative in early 2005. Pyle beat the disease then, but the cancer returned close to his diaphragm about three years ago, and then he suffered a stroke last year.

Pyle is optimistic about his health outlook but said the physical rigors of being a lawmaker were getting to be too much given his medical appointments and rehab.

“I’m used to being a 6-3, 220-pound Godzilla, and I’m not Godzilla anymore,” Pyle said. “I’m going to take some time off and get my health put back together.”

He said his cancer is contained, but the stroke has caused walking difficulties. He said he expects to recover, but it’s going to take time and more rehab.

Beyond health concerns, Pyle said he stepped down on such short notice so the process can begin for a new candidate to fill his seat.

Under the Election Code, the speaker of the House must file a written request with the secretary of the commonwealth for a special election to fill the vacancy, Department of State spokeswoman Wanda Murren said. Pyle said he anticipates a special election could be held as soon as the May 18 primary.

https://triblive.com/local/valley-ne...-was-done-yet/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

Default Re: State Rep. Jeff Pyle retires for health reasons--another (R) of course!

I hate to hear this. He's not my rep, but I took a real liking to him.

I was at the Capitol for a meeting I had arranged with my senator for myself and one of the FOAC pros. I was there an hour and a half before the meeting so I could stop in and talk with my rep. I saw my rep for about 20 minutes, and was headed for the cafeteria to get a coffee when a guy who had noticed my FOAC shirt stopped me and asked who else was there. I told him that AFAIK it was just the guy I was meeting with, and he immediately started talking about guns. We ended up chatting for 15 minutes, and he invited me to shoot his NFA stuff at an upcoming event. I had other commitments for that day and couldn't go, thanked him for the invite, and we went about our businesses. Every time I've seen him after that he's stopped to say hello and shoot the shit for a minute or two. I don't know that he's a "class act" by State House standards, but he is an entertaining guy to spend a few minutes with and is most definitely on our side.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!