Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Default Re: NEW S&W Shield PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    I was just at the Officer Store near Coatesville yesterday and they had one on display and possibly four? in stock. Price was $479 as I recall. I handled one and it felt very good in my medium-large sized hand.

*edited to add* I forgot to say, the trigger on this gun felt much better than the original Shield that I previously traded for my current Glock 48. I would seriously consider this gun if I were in the market for a new concealed carry firearm.

Are you cop and were you in uniform? If not, I'm surprised they even paid you any mind. Last time I was in there was a few months after they opened sales to non-LE. The guy behind the counter was talking to his cop buddies. He made a comment about "letting anyone in here now" loud enough so my wife and I could hear it. I was there to buy an M&P. They didn't know if I was LE or not, but he had no interest in waiting on me. I walked out and haven't been back since.

(Lancaster County)

Ronin, sorry to hear that. I'm retired LE, but I have a long beard and pretty much look homeless most of the time. I didn't ID myself as such and didn't know the guy behind the counter. Maybe you just found a jerk employee? Regardless, that isn't right.

I was just at the Officer Store near Coatesville yesterday and they had one on display and possibly four? in stock. Price was $479 as I recall. I handled one and it felt very good in my medium-large sized hand.

*edited to add* I forgot to say, the trigger on this gun felt much better than the original Shield that I previously traded for my current Glock 48. I would seriously consider this gun if I were in the market for a new concealed carry firearm.
    If you were in the market now and didn't have the 48, which do you think you'd choose?

(Lancaster County)

I believe I shoot the G48 better than the first gen Shield I owned, mostly because of the longer barrel/sight radius. I carry appendix the vast majority of the time and both are easy that way, but I can see how the shorter barrel of the Shield would be more comfortable for many. I'm 6'1" and it hasn't been a problem for me.

That really isn't an answer and I guess it comes down to whatever the acceptable trade off is for you regarding size and shootability. If you were a bit closer I would gladly let you shoot my G48. Maybe see if you can try both?

I believe I shoot the G48 better than the first gen Shield I owned, mostly because of the longer barrel/sight radius. I carry appendix the vast majority of the time and both are easy that way, but I can see how the shorter barrel of the Shield would be more comfortable for many. I'm 6'1" and it hasn't been a problem for me.

That really isn't an answer and I guess it comes down to whatever the acceptable trade off is for you regarding size and shootability. If you were a bit closer I would gladly let you shoot my G48. Maybe see if you can try both?
    Unfortunately there aren't any gun near me that allow you to rent/test a gun. It's actually a dream of mine to open one.

I had the first gen Shield and while it was great to carry, I didn't shoot it well. Really thinking of going with the 43X. I have big hands so I want the bigger grip.
    With Blue label pricing I can get the 43X for a good price. And I have a good amount of experience with Glock. Not a fanboy at all, I own or have owned many different brands, just have a lot of trigger time with Glocks due to firearms training for work.

(Lancaster County)

tallbump,

I have a couple friends who like the G43x and it seems to be popular enough that even if you don't like it, selling it would not be a problem. Good luck.

tallbump,

I have a couple friends who like the G43x and it seems to be popular enough that even if you don't like it, selling it would not be a problem. Good luck.
    That's a good point.

If they offer a trade up I*ll bite and get one.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Philadelphia County)

I was carrying a Sig P365XL and liked it alot because its easy to conceal and fits my hand plus the trigger is super smooth then last week I came across a CANIK TP9SA MOD2 w/WARREN SIGHT w/2-18rnd magizines (for a very resonable price) then just two days ago I saw a local shop had the Shield Plus w/ported barrel & slide and I just had to make it my new EDC... It's small, light, carrys well and the trigger (OH MY GOD). Only downside of the Shield Plus is the sights, they should have put on some night sights but I guess that's my next project...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567