Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Boycott Eagle arms and FOAC

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Not sure if anyone else saw the same email, but I received an email from the FOAC which I am a member, have supported, and have spoke with Kim. In this case I really wish Eagle Arms dealt with that specific vendor, and FOAC stayed out of it. All of us want criminals caught and don't want more taken away from our rights.

***FROM THE FOAC***

backpeddleing like it's an olympic sport
    **End**
    Klint Macro, 2nd Vice-President
    kmacro@foacpac.org
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Insinuations weren't made. They came directly from Kim.

This is what they do. Shift blame. No apology.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Firearms Owners Against Crime supports law-abiding American*s right to purchase parts, kits, accessories, unfinished kits, etc. using cash or any form of payment that the seller and buyer agree upon.
    This is BS. Kim very explicitly stated that he DOES NOT support the purchase of 80% lowers on a cash-and-carry basis.

I pray that we can learn a lesson from this experience and recognize how quickly many in the 2A community had turned on *one of our own*,
    And then we shift the blame, talk down to, and throw 2A supporters under the bus a second time.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Centre County)

Not sure if anyone else saw the same email, but I received an email from the FOAC which I am a member, have supported, and have spoke with Kim. In this case I really wish Eagle Arms dealt with that specific vendor, and FOAC stayed out of it. All of us want criminals caught and don't want more taken away from our rights.

***FROM THE FOAC***

[B]
    I pray that we can learn a lesson from this experience and recognize how quickly many in the 2A community had turned on *one of our own*, whose actions and deeds and dedication to Liberty cannot be questioned.
    **End**
    kmacro@foacpac.org
    The arrogance in this statement is astounding!!! Nobody, NOBODY is above question!!!
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Juniata County)

Default Public Statement Clarifying Our Position on Behalf of the Officers/BOD of FOAC

I am writing to clear the air about the most recent confusion surrounding the press release of 3/15/2021 titled “Rep. Amen Brown, Eagle Arms, Polymer 80 Kits and Violent Criminals”.

Firearms Owners Against Crime has not, is not, and will not advocate, promote, or support the registration or banning of any gun part, accessory, unfinished lower, parts kits, kit gun, magazine, or any piece of plastic or metal. Although FOAC supported and supports Eagle Arms as a private company that made hard and unpopular policy decisions about their own shows, we will not stand by while insinuations are made that cast a shadow of doubt upon our unwavering belief that the 2nd Amendment and Article 1, Sections 21 and 25 of the Pennsylvania Constitution shall not be questioned or infringed. Firearms Owners Against Crime supports law-abiding American’s right to purchase parts, kits, accessories, unfinished kits, etc. using cash or any form of payment that the seller and buyer agree upon.

Firearms Owners Against Crime is a non-partisan political action committee focused on advancing the rights and liberties of all Pennsylvanians and we pride ourselves on the fact that we actively reach out to all Legislators in an effort to educate them about firearms, the law, and the Constitutions of PA and the United States. FOAC President, Kim Stolfer has been working with Legislators from both sides of the isle for decades helping them write, sponsor, and support pro-liberty and anti-crime legislation. We the officers and board support him in this effort without hesitation.

I pray that we can learn a lesson from this experience and recognize how quickly many in the 2A community had turned on “one of our own”, whose actions and deeds and dedication to Liberty cannot be questioned. When we disagree, let us as a community reach out to one another and discuss issues rather than lambast one another. If we as pro-gun / pro-liberty advocates and organizations do not learn to work together we may not be able to survive the oncoming anti-gun / anti-liberty onslaught that is on the horizon.

Firearms Owners Against Crime will NEVER support registering parts kits commonly known as “80% lowers”. FOAC was very vocal about this when AG Shapiro tried to attack 80% AR Lowers in 2018-2019. Firearms Owners Against Crime will NEVER support the classification of a piece of plastic, polymer, or metal as a “firearm”. We spoke out against this practice when then President Trump signed the bump stock ban. Firearms Owners Against Crime will always support the “policing of our own” and speak out and fight against the expansion of government intrusion into the lives of law-abiding citizens.

We urge our fellow Pennsylvanians to focus their energies on urging their Representatives to support Constitutional Carry, Strengthening Preemption, Eliminating PICs, and adding disparity of force to the “Castle Laws”.

It is my hope that these statements clear up any potential concerns or doubts about what Firearms Owners Against Crime is about and what its officers, board, and members stand for.

**End**

"Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(York County)

Default Re: Public Statement Clarifying Our Position on Behalf of the Officers/BOD of FOAC

The proper public statement to begin with would have been:

Eagle Arms is a private organization. As such it has the right to make decisions that are against the principle of the 2nd Amendment as that applies only to governmental entities. We find their actions will, in the long run, also subvert the 2nd Amendment due to the implied message that banning parts of a gun is acceptable to those who support the 2nd Amendment. While they have such a right, we find it wholly unacceptable on principle.

That would have put the ball in the court of Eagle Arms, instead of the need for a statement that is contradictory of the actions FOAC took.

This is not a time to be giving ground, either to the government on actual 2A issues, nor to countenancing public organizations, who supposedly support the principles of the 2A, taking actions that actually undermine those very principles.

CRIME is not a GUN ISSUE - It is a PEOPLE ISSUE!

As always - give an INCH, LOSE A MILE!
    Division in the ranks comes from those who WILLINGLY give an inch.

(Butler County)

My first real impression of Kim was his "involvement" with Metcalfe's 2A rally last year and the drama he was supposedly involved with in getting it cancelled (eventually postponed). Heard a lot of shit about him and FOAC during that experience, none of this surprises me in the least. I've never given them money for a membership and likely never will at this point.
    -Brandon

(Montgomery County)

done with them, used to go to the show few times a year

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Public Statement Clarifying Our Position on Behalf of the Officers/BOD of FOAC

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I am writing to clear the air about the most recent confusion surrounding the press release of 3/15/2021 titled *Rep. Amen Brown, Eagle Arms, Polymer 80 Kits and Violent Criminals*.

Firearms Owners Against Crime has not, is not, and will not advocate, promote, or support the registration or banning of any gun part, accessory, unfinished lower, parts kits, kit gun, magazine, or any piece of plastic or metal. Although FOAC supported and supports Eagle Arms as a private company that made hard and unpopular policy decisions about their own shows, we will not stand by while insinuations are made that cast a shadow of doubt upon our unwavering belief that the 2nd Amendment and Article 1, Sections 21 and 25 of the Pennsylvania Constitution shall not be questioned or infringed. Firearms Owners Against Crime supports law-abiding American*s right to purchase parts, kits, accessories, unfinished kits, etc. using cash or any form of payment that the seller and buyer agree upon.

Firearms Owners Against Crime is a non-partisan political action committee focused on advancing the rights and liberties of all Pennsylvanians and we pride ourselves on the fact that we actively reach out to all Legislators in an effort to educate them about firearms, the law, and the Constitutions of PA and the United States. FOAC President, Kim Stolfer has been working with Legislators from both sides of the isle for decades helping them write, sponsor, and support pro-liberty and anti-crime legislation. We the officers and board support him in this effort without hesitation.

I pray that we can learn a lesson from this experience and recognize how quickly many in the 2A community had turned on *one of our own*, whose actions and deeds and dedication to Liberty cannot be questioned. When we disagree, let us as a community reach out to one another and discuss issues rather than lambast one another. If we as pro-gun / pro-liberty advocates and organizations do not learn to work together we may not be able to survive the oncoming anti-gun / anti-liberty onslaught that is on the horizon.

Firearms Owners Against Crime will NEVER support registering parts kits commonly known as *80% lowers*. FOAC was very vocal about this when AG Shapiro tried to attack 80% AR Lowers in 2018-2019. Firearms Owners Against Crime will NEVER support the classification of a piece of plastic, polymer, or metal as a *firearm*. We spoke out against this practice when then President Trump signed the bump stock ban. Firearms Owners Against Crime will always support the *policing of our own* and speak out and fight against the expansion of government intrusion into the lives of law-abiding citizens.

We urge our fellow Pennsylvanians to focus their energies on urging their Representatives to support Constitutional Carry, Strengthening Preemption, Eliminating PICs, and adding disparity of force to the *Castle Laws*.

It is my hope that these statements clear up any potential concerns or doubts about what Firearms Owners Against Crime is about and what its officers, board, and members stand for.

**End**

Funny he went on a little rant to/at me when I replied unsubscribe, my favorite is in bold below followed by the fact he seems to think I have an issue with Eagle arms Business decision, It's their business they can do what they want. Now if you choose to back them beyond a statement saying they have this right as a business and leave it at that ok, if you walk up to a show vendor and tell them they should be ashamed of themselves you have pretty much said all I need to know. Here was the response

The essence of this story is that criminals and gang members were buying boatloads of these polymer 80 gun kits and then turning them into functional firearms and reselling them on the streets to be used in homicides.

Joel, of Eagle arms, was made aware of this by law enforcement and Representative Amen Brown. The vendor adding up multiple tables at his shows was asked to help law enforcement to try and track who is buying these firearms kits and he told them-GFY. Joel had had enough and had seen the evidence from law enforcement so he told the vendors that sold these things that they could not sell them at his gun shows.

Joel is a friend of mine and he has been a good friend to FOAC whenever we ask him for help and he has a legitimate constitutional right to control what happens at his shows and that is what our press release was all about.

There is a feeding frenzy over this because some in our own 2Acommunity are feeding it at our expense without any concern of the consequences. I*ve tried to be as brief as possible so I apologize if this seems to be incomplete to you but I am happy to talk to you about this and I have a great deal of evidence from law enforcement regarding what has been going on with these ghost gun kits.

Just to give you additional insight, the political trophy hunting on this is AG Josh Shapiro.

There was never supposed to be a press conference as all of us were blindsided late Sunday night with this. That includes Representative Brown. I only met Representative Brown about a month ago and he is as different a state representative in Philly as I have ever in my life seen. He couldn*t care less about press but only attended the press conference itself because he wanted to make sure that Shapiro knew that he wouldn*t accept lies and even then, if you watch the press conference, you will see Representative Brown hang his head and shake it in disgust.

I spent two days in Harrisburg last week, Friday and Saturday, and I can tell you that the law enforcement that attended the meetings on Friday were very clear about the failure of district attorneys to prosecute these gun criminals calling out especially Krasner and Zappala in my area. Between you and me, I*ve been told that the four they caught at the Morgantown gun show with dozens of these kits are singing like canaries and that there is an actual underground dedicated to using gun shows as a conduit to filter polymer 80 completed guns to the criminal element and their compatriots.

I do not know what the status of the investigation is but I*ve been told that it is a substantial intelligence find as of right now. Representative Brown is focused on going after violent criminals who misuse guns and crime and he has opened up a hornet*s nest of controversy with the ACLU and the Philadelphia legislative Black Caucus as well as a group called FAMM and others. As you can imagine, there has been an enormous a lot of work put into trying to reshape the way these violent career criminals are handled and if it wasn*t for representative Brown there wouldn*t have even been the kind of investigations that they are doing back in his district over these violent criminals.

In large part, the flames of this have been fanned by certain individuals within the 2A community as well. I could name names but I think it is important to understand the ruthlessness with which this Second Amendment fight is waged because of the money behind-the-scenes. We are all volunteers in FOAC and that is how we've gotten so much respect in the legislature because we don't play these kind of games that other organizations do.

Here's a little more on this issue, in my earlier message I said that AG Shapiro was not supposed to do what he did and yes I've known him longer than you have because I've known them from the first day he stepped into the Pennsylvania House of Representatives along long time ago. Him not being trustworthy is absolutely correct and he is a shark when it comes to doing anything if it doesn't help or benefit him.

So, when AG Shapiro got involved in all of this we didn't find out until late Sunday evening. Representative Brown was enormously upset as was I when we saw his agenda for these press conferences. Because Joel is a friend of FOAC and mine personally I was concerned that he was going to throw Joel under the bus and after seeing his documents I was convinced of that. Despite numerous rewrites Shapiro went off topic anyway. Would you not protect a friend in this situation who tried to do the right thing as well? One who has fought alongside us and Second Amendment battles when most of Pennsylvania gunowners were sitting on their thumbs?

This was the reason we got involved with a news release to protect Joel as much as possible because all he was doing was exercising his rights as a private businessman just like the bakers were in Ohio who refused to sell cakes to certain individuals that violated their religious beliefs. This is also something that gun dealers do every day when they see someone, they don't believe is trustworthy coming into their FFL dealership. You can't support the Second Amendment and then throw Joel's rights under the bus which is what many in the 2A community are doing. Some critics have analogized that this is similar to what Dick's sporting-goods did but that is apples and oranges because Dick's Sporting Goods made a political decision and Joel was making a business decision based on credible proof that these type of implements and kits were being involved in many crimes and he didn't want any part of it and he didn't want to risk his business because that's all the gun shows are about. Every vendor at his shows supports what he did with these three vendors.

I find it amazing that so much vitriol has there been directed at us yet nobody is focusing on Shapiro nor are they focusing on Sen. Hughes and his legislation, SB 413. Do you ever wonder why this is happening like this because it harkens back to exactly what I said before that some in the 2A community are trying to harm our organization because of our effectiveness in Pennsylvania? Some groups see Pennsylvania as a financial Goldmine to be managed and plumbed so they can lead and operate a very comfortable life. If you doubt this, then let me know because I will tell you the names and who's doing what in the state because after nearly 40 years doing this I know where all the skeletons are in all of the organizations.

I would like to ask these 2A philosophical purists where were they when HB 2060 was moving around Harrisburg that violated the due process rights of gun owners and every single gun group in Pennsylvania and in the country took a pass? Where were all the you tubers and podcast people when that happened here? There was only eight of us walking around the capital building when there was over 100 anti-gun people there pushing the legislature to violate citizens* rights.

( So yeah if you make it this far in this response let me interject for a second ....... A great deal of us have jobs hence donations and calling and writing and calling these reps instead. Good to know the assumptions are we do nothing because we are responsible working adults. Tell me how you really feel. )

Further, they should look in a mirror because virtually all of them haven*t really been part of the defense of the Second Amendment that I can tell and you certainly didn*t respect our lawsuits (currently against the city of Pittsburgh and the city of Harrisburg) going all the way back to the record of sale lawsuit against the state of Pennsylvania and that includes all our current lawsuits against multiple cities. We have spent over 1/4 of $1 million of hard-earned volunteer money in defending preemption and gun owners in the last 27 years. Not one of the critics that have sent me an email have donated a dime to those lawsuits but somehow, they feel qualified to criticize me and us for standing by a man's rights to make a business decision? And I want to make it clear that this was a business decision we were protecting for Joel to make and his rights under the Constitution. If you ask the reporters, they will tell you that when I was interviewed I said there was no way shape or form that we would support legislation banning the possession or sale of polymer 80 style kits. Of course the podcast people and the you tubers seem to have conveniently ignored those statements in other articles which should make all of this suspect in your eyes even more!

There are many more things going on behind-the-scenes that we are trying to do here in Pennsylvania and going after violent criminals through legislation were working with Representative Amen Brown is connected to a broader pro-gun agenda that we have worked out with leadership. This controversy has put all of this at risk and it can be laid at the feet of Shapiro, certain pro-gun organizations, pod casters who are absolutely clueless, and, gun owners in general in the 2A community who don't even bother to look my name up online to see exactly what I've done and then think before they hit the keyboard and insult a man who has work so hard to protect Second Amendment rights here in Pennsylvania.

For nearly 40 years I have tried to push the Pennsylvania judicial system and legislature into the direction of going after violent criminals instead of gun control. I have to tell you that I never expected to be betrayed by my fellow 2A supporters who I expected to trust me that I would never undercut the Second Amendment considering my track record.

Right now, I*m pretty disgusted!

Kim Stolfer

FOAC, President

Just, wow.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast