Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Spare revolver parts?

I’m a revolver guy from way back. 9 of 10 times I open my safe, my hand falls on a revolver. I shot USPSA Revolver for years. I still shoot ICORE. I have shot many thousands of rounds from my S&W revolvers and I have witnessed many thousands more. I have dry fired my revolvers many, many thousands of times in between range sessions. The only part I have ever seen broken on a S&W revolver is an aftermarket frame mounted extended firing pin from Cylinder and Slide. Replaced that with the factory pin that was removed for the “upgrade” and have fired many thousand rounds since without issue.

(Delaware County)

For things like this check out https://everygunpart.com.

This is not an advertisement and I've never bought anything from them; heard about them from Mosin Virus's Youtube. They recently moved a ton of police trade in Beretta 92D part kits, very rare, slides with no decocker levers. It's effectively buying a parts gun without the "gun" legality.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by schwetty View Post

This is not an advertisement and I've never bought anything from them; heard about them from Mosin Virus's Youtube. They recently moved a ton of police trade in Beretta 92D part kits, very rare, slides with no decocker levers. It's effectively buying a parts gun without the "gun" legality.
    nice.. i was just about to post the same, got a nice spare parts kit for taurus 856 there with complete cyl assy, trigger, hammer, springs etc. also as mentioned got spare parts from gunbusters too.

(Delaware County)

They apparently have a 686-3 kit. I would love to know why someone put what looks to be a functioning revolver through a band saw.

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    They apparently have a 686-3 kit. I would love to know why someone put what looks to be a functioning revolver through a band saw.
    These are guns confiscated from criminals , unwanted guns turned in to police , buy-back programs , seized by/surrendered to courts , etc. They cannot be sold whole , so they get the frames cut , often with a torch. I know of a few gunsmiths who do this. They get the guns in lieu of payment. Some LEO has to witness the destruction and sign it off.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by schwetty View Post

You tricked me. I got really excited about Beretta 92d kits. But they are 92d centurion kits.

-Zach

(Delaware County)

They sold out of the full size 92D kits, they had A LOT of them and cleared out fast. They were only like $200-$300.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I keep spare revolver parts on hand in the form of a spare revolver, for those few of which I am especially fond.

Noah
    I like the cut of your jib !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12