Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: Centre Hall - OSC Gun Show, April 17 & 18, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    Bump.

Any report?
    One of the best shows I have ever been too, I ran out of money. Not too packed at all and they had 3 buildings open as opposed to the usual 2. That being said I am fairly certain the best stuff has already walked out of the door.

Good show but..............................if you were late to the party, I felt sorry for you! Doors opened at 9AM Saturday, (today), and at 9:25, there were lines to DRIVE in and lines in front of the buildings to GET IN. As Raxar states above, if the really good stuff wasn't picked clean on the first day, I would be surprised. If you were looking for odds and ends, I encourage you to go but go as early as you can. I never EVER saw this many people show for this show in Centre Hall. A tip of the hat to the Centre County Grange Fair folks who checked temps going into the fair grounds. Masks were required also as Centre County has had elevated levels of the virus the past three months. (no problem with it as long as the show can go on). It wasn't crowded in the buildings because they did limit how many were allowed in each building at a time. Powder venders were there. Lots of reloading stuff BUT not many primers and what was there was pretty high priced and most was in older packaging. I saw plenty of 9mm, .223/5.556, .308/7.62-51, 7.62-38, 45ACP and plenty of hunting rounds. Rifles, pistols, revolvers, military surplus at gun show prices and............BEEF JERKY!!!!!!! YESH!
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Westmoreland County)

Drove up early this morning to see some friends who were set up as vendors and to complete a few deals. Did lots of shopping besides. Boo was right. Early birds got the worms. Picked up a really nice haul of firearms, ammunition, accessories, parts and books. Saw some unexpected old friends as well. Well worth the 4 hour round trip drive.

(Elk County)

RVS brought mostly ammo and sold a lot of it, but still has more to sell. Sold half the guns.

The show has a lot of different vendors, many private sellers, older, who are getting rid of their collections. The variety at this show is unparalleled in my memory.

The Grange Fair has women at the Homan Lane gate taking temperatures. Perhaps a bit too enthusiastically. Give authority to a person who craves authority . . .

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    It was always a decent show in the past . There were many Private sellers in the past , no tax and no background B/S . I have made some buys there in the past.
    Saturday was busy, the FFL's we're processing lots of sales. Much available today until 3 pm. Seems like people are finding what they need/want.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Vuccla View Post
    Good show but..............................if you were late to the party, I felt sorry for you! Doors opened at 9AM Saturday, (today), and at 9:25, there were lines to DRIVE in and lines in front of the buildings to GET IN. As Raxar states above, if the really good stuff wasn't picked clean on the first day, I would be surprised. If you were looking for odds and ends, I encourage you to go but go as early as you can. I never EVER saw this many people show for this show in Centre Hall. A tip of the hat to the Centre County Grange Fair folks who checked temps going into the fair grounds. Masks were required also as Centre County has had elevated levels of the virus the past three months. (no problem with it as long as the show can go on). It wasn't crowded in the buildings because they did limit how many were allowed in each building at a time. Powder venders were there. Lots of reloading stuff BUT not many primers and what was there was pretty high priced and most was in older packaging. I saw plenty of 9mm, .223/5.556, .308/7.62-51, 7.62-38, 45ACP and plenty of hunting rounds. Rifles, pistols, revolvers, military surplus at gun show prices and............BEEF JERKY!!!!!!! YESH!
    Saw people that forgot masks or had medical conditions. Three buildings this year, with more room between tables for distancing

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Didn't go to the show. I think this was only the second time in a decade that I missed this show. I am glad to hear that it has gone so well, though. Kudos to the organizers and the Grange Fair staff.

The Fall Show is scheduled for September 18th and 19th. That is something for everyone to look forward to (and a goal for me to start saving $$$ for).

(Elk County)

Missed you!

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12