Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone own a Taurus G3 and a S&W EZ9?

As the title asks, I'm looking for someone that has both the Taurus G3 and the S&W Shield EZ9. Asking for my dad who is struggling with arthritis. It's bad enough that racking the slide on a pistol is getting more difficult as he gets older. I thought the EZ9 would be a good option for him. I handled the .380 version a couple of years back, and thought it was a very easy gun to manipulate. He's interested in the Taurus G3, possibly the new TORO model, which has a lower MSRP. I'm concerned that it may give him problems racking the slide.

Thanks in advance.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Anyone own a Taurus G3 and a S&W EZ9?

They are both easy to rack,
    BUT a tip up barrel Beretta or Taurus is easier as there is nothing to rack,
    Remember the fight is over once the punk is hit, So a 380 is more than enough, A 22 may be all thats needed,
    Or why not a cheap model 10 Smith and Wesson 30 special revolver?

(Allegheny County)

I have a G2C and an EZ 380.. I thought the EZ9 was a LITTLE harder to rack than the 380 but still easier than my G19 or G2c.. my wife had surgery on both wrist and the EZ 380 is no issue for her.

(Montgomery County)

The P365 is coming out in .380 soon, supposedly quite easy to rack. Another option to consider, but it wouldn't be immediately available to pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    I have a G2C and an EZ 380.. I thought the EZ9 was a LITTLE harder to rack than the 380 but still easier than my G19 or G2c.. my wife had surgery on both wrist and the EZ 380 is no issue for her.

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    The P365 is coming out in .380 soon, supposedly quite easy to rack. Another option to consider, but it wouldn't be immediately available to pickup.

I have a P365 and he has difficulty racking the slide on it. I think even the lighter springs of a .380 may be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post
    They are both easy to rack,
    BUT a tip up barrel Beretta or Taurus is easier as there is nothing to rack,
    Remember the fight is over once the punk is hit, So a 380 is more than enough, A 22 may be all thats needed,
    Or why not a cheap model 10 Smith and Wesson 30 special revolver?
    Thanks for the insight, but that's not what I'm looking for. He has lots of revolvers. None hold as much as the Taurus or the EZ. Any revolver he'd buy that held 8 rounds would be more expensive than either the G3 or EZ. .22LR revolvers tend to have heavier trigger pulls in order to get consistent ignition of unreliable rimfire cartridges. And with arthritic hands, fine motor skills are hampered even further. Easier to reload a semi-auto than a revolver in that case.

The fight is not over once the punk is hit. Lots of people get hit multiple times in the course of a gunfight and keep going. The fight is over when you've taken the fight out of your opponent or you're dead.

(Chester County)

I have not personally handled one, but I have been told a few times the Walther CCP is an easy rack semi-auto handgun with better controls that the S&W EZ. I specifically find the EZ slide stop/release more difficult to manipulate than other pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkowboys View Post
    I have not personally handled one, but I have been told a few times the Walther CCP is an easy rack semi-auto handgun with better controls that the S&W EZ. I specifically find the EZ slide stop/release more difficult to manipulate than other pistols.
    Another one to check out. Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkowboys View Post
    we wanted to check out the CCP but could not find one in stock when we were looking for her... we also went 380 for less recoil..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast