Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Came out ahead for once

https://www.k-var.com/century-arms-w...eekly_3_8_2021

Wow. A Romanian WASR 10 (by Century Arms) marked down from $999.99 to $949.99 !

Bought my WASR 10/63 (by Century Arms) in November of 2008, four days after Obama was elected, for $399. One week later that LGS had raised them to $499.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Came out ahead for once

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    https://www.k-var.com/century-arms-w...eekly_3_8_2021

Wow. A Romanian WASR 10 (by Century Arms) marked down from $999.99 to $949.99 !

Bought my WASR 10/63 (by Century Arms) in November of 2008, four days after Obama was elected, for $399. One week later that LGS had raised them to $499.
    I paid $349 for mine, but that was before he was elected. I saw the writing on the wall and noted that the price was going up about $10 every week leading up to the election.
    I think I still have the Dunham's sale paper for the week that I bought that gun.
    I remember thinking how stupid I was to pay $350 for one when I could have gotten one for something stupid like $250 not long before that!

I really regret selling it. I'll never own another one though at the price they want for them now. Not happening.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

There was a time WASRs were looked down upon compared to the other AKs. I don't remember all the models they claimed were better but it is interesting WASRs are now considered premium.

(Bucks County)

The WASR 10/63 came into the US as a single-stack rifle. Some were assembled with barrels mounted a few degrees off center, with the sights visibly misaligned. Between that and Century doing pretty crude work of opening the magazine well to accommodate the double-stack magazine, word was out that they were poor quality.

Mine has aligned sights and the mag well work is also decent. Century did improve their product. There were other things that fed the poor quality rep. There are no elongated "dimples" to steady the magazine laterally (but there are internal rails that do the job fine), and I recall a vendor snarling that they are junk because the receiver is only one millimeter thick while the "good ones" are 1.5 mm thick.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Clearfield County)

I paid $319 for my SAR-1 back when everyone considered WASRs to be the broke-ass loser's option and still felt like I got ripped off.

(Berks County)

We ain't seen nothin' yet...

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I paid $349 for mine, but that was before he was elected. I saw the writing on the wall and noted that the price was going up about $10 every week leading up to the election.
    I think I still have the Dunham's sale paper for the week that I bought that gun.
    I remember thinking how stupid I was to pay $350 for one when I could have gotten one for something stupid like $250 not long before that!

I really regret selling it. I'll never own another one though at the price they want for them now. Not happening.
    I still have the one I bought for $250 at Dunhams on Black Friday. I really wish I had bought my brother’s when he sold his but I didn’t have the coin at the time.

(Allegheny County)

I paid a shitload for my VEPR AK. I could probably get half a shitload if I sold it today. Oh well.

(Wayne County)

Paid $750 back in the Obama days

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I still have the one I bought for $250 at Dunhams on Black Friday. I really wish I had bought my brother*s when he sold his but I didn*t have the coin at the time.
    Yeah, I know they used to be absurdly cheap.
    I don't recall how much they cost at the time I bought my Yugo SKS from Dunham's. The SKS was $119 on Black Friday.
    I can't swear by it, but I want to say that the AK was only about $75 more because I remember going back and forth trying to decide which one to buy.
    Ultimately, I decided to just save the few dollars and buy the SKS "since they are both semi autos".

I should go find my paperwork to see when I bought the SKS.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast