Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Morgantown, PA 3 DAY SHOW (MOAKS) MARCH 26, 27, 28, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    glad to see that JSD is back. however, you should know that many dealers attending the show have no brick and mortar stores. by boycotting Eagle arms you are in effect boycotting them as well. like it or not, eagle arms needs dealers and much as dealers need eagle arms. the relationship goes hand in hand for them. I know not all of this is transparent to everyone, but everyone should know that there is more than meets the eye when decisions like this are made.
    When Hiroshima and Nagasaki got bombed, they didn't pull the innocents out first.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    When Hiroshima and Nagasaki got bombed, they didn't pull the innocents out first.
    I get ya. but like I said, if dealers stop going and there are no shows dont whine and bitch about there being no shows. dont say "collateral damage" about boycotting dealers and then have the balls to ask those same dealers for a discount at a different show. being a gun dealer is the only job I have ever had where I owe everyone something, and "customers" owe me nothing. its the only job where people beat you up and try to buy something for less than I paid for it. I understand the public has no idea how things work behind the scenes, even though many of them think that they do.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Don*t think that is an apples to apples comparison

Sort of like asking was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

(Carbon County)

try the CPAAA show we are holding at the redding auction house in gettysburg
    Advice: Shoot Straight and Shoot Often
    Favorite Weapon: Sig Sauer EL220
    Other Interests: Billiards

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    glad to see that JSD is back. however, you should know that many dealers attending the show have no brick and mortar stores. by boycotting Eagle arms you are in effect boycotting them as well. like it or not, eagle arms needs dealers and much as dealers need eagle arms. the relationship goes hand in hand for them. I know not all of this is transparent to everyone, but everyone should know that there is more than meets the eye when decisions like this are made.
    Just to make it clear, I don't care, to be more precise, I care but I care more about stopping this slow moving catastrophe to our rights. If you are not that serious about this, then you are not serious at all about your rights.

Some good people are on the wrong side, some are in the way. They must all move or brace for the economic impact of their business decisions.

(Philadelphia County)

you all laughed at me when - almost a year ago - i suggested that sellers should just have an open-air market and run it themselves way back when 'COVID' first shutdown the shows...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA_PB&J View Post
    Just to make it clear, I don't care, to be more precise, I care but I care more about stopping this slow moving catastrophe to our rights. If you are not that serious about this, then you are not serious at all about your rights.

Some good people are on the wrong side, some are in the way. They must all move or brace for the economic impact of their business decisions.
    just to make it clear, you dont fully grasp everything. all you seem to see is black and white. you dont realize that there are SO MANY different angles from licenses, insurance, and legal aspects in play. why? because you dont have your own firearm business. and thats fine, not everyone can because it isn't easy. what is easy, is to sit in an armchair and chastise those who you think are "in the way" or whom you believe are "on the wrong side". not everything is a violation of what you perceive as rights. that being said, there really are lots of guys on the wrong side. there really are lots of guys who are in the way. and all of them have one thing in common....not enough knowledge on the issue. as for open air markets.....we cant do that. we would be shut down by the state in seconds.....thats why it cannot happen. for those who think you can just open up a gun show at the drop of a hat here in PA, you are sadly mistaken. like I said.....lots of red tape to go through, licenses (state issued) to obtain, and more. keep in mind that the state controls EVERY gun shop and gun show you go to. piss them off and they pull your license and then you cant sell anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    you all laughed at me when - almost a year ago - i suggested that sellers should just have an open-air market and run it themselves way back when 'COVID' first shutdown the shows...
    Wanna take lawn chairs and set up out front, play "Count the Feds" and "Count the Hoodlum/Felons"?

We could bring our own pickles and jerky.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Wanna take lawn chairs and set up out front, play "Count the Feds" and "Count the Hoodlum/Felons"?

We could bring our own pickles and jerky.
    I think the hoodlums are easy to spot, the feds, not so much. The guys I saw were definitely incognito.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Wish I could go Saturday but it*s Mentored Youth trout day! My 6 year old and I have big plans. Well, at least until he catches his two trout. Hope to hit the show on Sunday. Looking for a Glock 43 or 36. Possibly a Beretta APX Carry
    Last edited by Tin Soldier; March 23rd, 2021 at 11:15 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast