Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Gun show etiquette?

Just wondering thoughts from others on things I've seen recently at gun shows?

1- While waiting outside of the venue watching vendors go back and forth buying things from each other before the show starts. I mean I understand why they do it either its something they want or I've seen them put it right on their table for sale at a higher price. Just wondering how people feel about this?

2- Seeing the people walking around with signs on them trying to private sell ammo/guns in the parking lot. Do any shows restrict this? Would they allow someone to rent a table for $50 to sell off their ammo instead of walking around like that?

3- The lack of beef jerky, I am the only one bothered by not having someone selling beef jerky or other smoked meats?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Gun show etiquette?

Never saw 1,2or3 at a show. Isn't jerkey mandatory? Have seen lack of pickles once.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Never saw 1,2or3 at a show. Isn't jerkey mandatory? Have seen lack of pickles once.
    I miss Zern's jerky.

(Berks County)

Im eating a big bag of old trapper hot & spicy right now.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Dave View Post
    Just wondering thoughts from others on things I've seen recently at gun shows?

1- While waiting outside of the venue watching vendors go back and forth buying things from each other before the show starts. I mean I understand why they do it either its something they want or I've seen them put it right on their table for sale at a higher price. Just wondering how people feel about this?

2- Seeing the people walking around with signs on them trying to private sell ammo/guns in the parking lot. Do any shows restrict this? Would they allow someone to rent a table for $50 to sell off their ammo instead of walking around like that?

3- The lack of beef jerky, I am the only one bothered by not having someone selling beef jerky or other smoked meats?
    In response to point #2, most venues I've seen in my area pretty explicitly forbid transactions out of the venue. I don't know what they do to enforce it if anything. I'm pretty sure it has less to do with legalities and everything to do with not freaking out patrons of fill in the blank convention center who are there for a cat show or to buy turquoise and silver jewelry.

My experience with selling firearms is that any person looking to buy is going to tell you to bring it in to them anyway. So you are just better off wearing rifle in a case with the sign on it.

As for ammo, just get a cheap rolling cart. They are super useful for all kinds of things and you should probably have one anyway. I did that at one show. I had a bunch of 40 s&w that i no longer has a gun for. I set the prices reasonably low and had it all sold to dealers in less than 15 minutes. I spent more time walking the cart back out to the car.

-Zach

(Northumberland County)

I thought this was gonna be about not ripping ass in a crowded aisle and gagging all the other show-goers. Otherwise, no strong opinions. The "rifle for sale, slung over shoulder" this has been around quite a while. Have never observed #1 but have no issue with it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    I thought this was gonna be about not ripping ass in a crowded aisle and gagging all the other show-goers. Otherwise, no strong opinions. The "rifle for sale, slung over shoulder" this has been around quite a while. Have never observed #1 but have no issue with it.
    Or taking a shower before going or not blocking the aisles BSing.

(Berks County)

I figured that the vendors did their buying during setup the day before the show and have always seen people walking around with rifles and a 'for sale' flag hung on/in the barrel. I sold a box of odd ammo to a vendor at the last Morgantwon show. Gave him a deal he could probably triple his money but I couldn't find a buy for it. Jerky give me indigestion and I eat the cherry poppers.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Or taking a shower before going or not blocking the aisles BSing.
    I specifically rip ass in the aisle around the people standing in the way BSing.

(Lehigh County)

The Allentown show had jerky, no pickles.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast